body work advise needed before i get stuck in

slowjoe

i bought a second hand body kit and now im saving up so i can buy materials and have a few days off so i can fit and spray it d.i.y. style.

my knowledge on this amounts to about 5% lol

i could really do with any advise or past experiences with this.

my friend has a sprayer i can borrow which is a start :)

the kit is damaged so i need to repair it too.

i pretty much need any and all advise on this please before i jump in the deep end next year.

please dont skip on the small details even if its what leg i should stand on to spray lol

thankyou

Best advise I can give on this is Youtube and google are your best friend, done some minor paint repairs myself after doing about 4-5 hours of studying and watching video's, I watched everything from fixing holes in boat's using fibre glass, filler and primer, to repairs motorcycle fairing, and you really do pick up alot of knowledge!

Just patience and alot of focus and you will be fine, if it goes wrong dont panic, you can always sand it down and start again :) Its really one of them that experience really is what makes you good at it, so you just have to get on with it really and learn from mistake's :)

It will be interesting to see your work too so be sure to get some piccies up :)

Edited by RoryK

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.