Tyres

annibee

Yeah would be a better option but my stripped alloys wont survive the winter :laugh2:

I gave mine a quick rub down then got a paint roller to apply Hammerite smooth silver for the winter wheels, and now I can take a little longer to refurb the summer ones.

Glad to hear this as i've just put 4 ZE912's on mine.

Do you have any experience with other tyres to compare against? I think the sidewalls on these are like putty (super soft! :( )

I had the original Pirelli Assimetrico which were good, then had Marangoni Mythos that seemed a bit wierd. Can't really describe em just didn't feel quite right somehow. :shrug: And Federal SS595s which again seemed OK. I have pushed these Ze912s a bit and they seem to hold on OK. I only buy tyres from makers that I've heard of (with the exception of the Marangonis) and it seems to do me well. Federals seem OK and they are cheap. We have always used em on all our cars.

Might be tempted to try some Yokohamas next or Uniraoyal Rainsport as they have a very good write up. We had Yokos on our RAV4 and the original set lasted 3 years/30,000 miles :o I was quite suprised

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.