Anodised screws for engine bay plastics

RoryK

I cant seem to find the post, but a while back someone found a website that do anodised bolts / screws in any colour you want and any size, they look pretty smart! I cant find the post and cant remember the company's name, is anyone able to refresh my memory ? :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Bumping old threads ftw! Came across this randomly.

I'll be replacing all the bolts and screws in the engine bay soon, or plan to anyway. All I know is all the bolts are 10mm, but this site has literally hundreds of different sized and shaped 10mm bolts lol. Which ones do I need :/ Think I'll just spray the engine plastic screws.

If the bolts have a 10mm head they will be M6 thread. If you want them anodised then you will be looking at aluminium bolts. Aluminium bolts are for non load bearing areas only. I've replaced most of my under bonnet fixings with new shiney stuff and I don't recall finding any M6 bolts over 25mm long. I tend to buy bolts of at least 50mm long and cut them down to the same size as the one I'm replacing as I hate to see excess thread sicking through a nut, 2mm is more than enough. A lot of anodised stuff will have allen heads and these can improve the look of an engine bay a good deal, for M6 allen bolts you will need a 5mm allen key. Bike sites are a good place to find shiney fixings and nut/bolt related stuff.

I'm currently changing all my bolts under the hood, so far all rocker cover,wing bolts and every possible bolt has been changed for stainless steel allan key headed they won't rust and look really good will get pictures up later today as they do look good, not done the plastic covers as yet as they are currently off whilst I have them re coloured.

I could get a kit together if enough interest which will help people with doing this, loads more changed than I thought was possible, cost me so far £28 which I thought was fair.

Yay, looking forward to seeing them, still have not got round to ordering mine but want the red anodised to go with my new Tanabe strut brace :)

Would defo be interested in a kit :)

Edited by RoryK

replaced wing bolts to allan key stainless steel jobbies

Car bits

Car bits engine picture

hope this come up cant work out how to load up images again for some reason, they are not all coloured just stainless steal so they will not rust or what not. simple clean look but long lasting. and stronger than the pro bolt Allan headed bike stuff.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.