Alarm Key fob

Got a Cobra 7928 alarm system on the celica.

However I only have 1 key fob which I'm sure the battery is nearly dead on and this one is very tatty.

If I brought 1 of these : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COBRA-CAR-ALARM-REMOTE-FOB-7777-CASE-PARTS-BRAND-NEW-/390327563502?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5ae155f4ee

and 1 of these : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cobra-car-alarm-remote-key-fob-model-7727-7777-/170662448037?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27bc464ba5

Will I be able to program it with a single fob?

well the reply I received was :

"Hi

You are ok with one fob, but you require a PIN number to program it, do you know if you have this?"

Unfortunately I cannot find this said PIN even though I've got the certificate of installation so I guessing i'm pretty much screwed without it :(

If you have lost your PIN or never was given one your Cobra dealer should be able to get it.

You need to find the serial number on the back of the alarm unit and the dealer will contact Cobra in Italy for the PIN.

If you have lost your PIN or never was given one your Cobra dealer should be able to get it.

You need to find the serial number on the back of the alarm unit and the dealer will contact Cobra in Italy for the PIN.

Umm where exactly would this be located and is it easy to get to, the alarm was fitted years before I brought the car, looks like back in 2001 so it was the owner before the last who had it fitted!

Not sure as it wasn't a main dealer option.

A simular alarm was fit to the Dyna and Hilux comercials and the alarm unit was fit under the dash.

Good luck, or get it ripped out and install a new system.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.