Deleted.

Guest joer

I've been looking for the same thing and came across this post on here: http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=60573&hl=delimeter Only thing is I noticed your using the green wire, mine has a green wire but I don't think its used but I maybe wrong. If you get yours working let me know as I will be doing mine soon. ;)

Yup, the guide linked was done by me donkeys ago.

You need to locate the correct wire in the loom, cut it and join the remaining wire on your chip to the cut end of the loom. This effectively re-routes the signal from the gearbox sender to the chip instead of the speedo.

Just make sure you get your wires in the right places as otherwise it can blow the chip.

Steve cant you just cut the wire from the gear box to the plug. Then join the yellow to the end leading to the gear box, then join the grey wire to the end leading to the plug. Would that work ?

Cheers for your help.

I think you'd need something like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CREAM-LOCKWOOD-TOYOTA-CELICA-DIAL-KIT-180MPH-NEW-DIALS-/370421600985?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item563ed912d9 Although i did manage to get a 180 mph dial a while back when i got the chip but couldn't find any at the moment. I think someone on here sells them but not 100% sure.

Edited by ArgoS

The original face for a Jap import has only KMH markings on it and goes up to 180. There are no MPH markings at all.

If you have both now then someone has previously tried to convert the speedo just with a replacement face so in adding a converter chip you have effectively double converted the system so it will read incorrectly.

You'll need to convert the face back to an original KMH one for it to work.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.