Pop pop pop

Some of you may know my exhaust likes to pop every now and then and I found out at Rs it's due to overfueling?

I dont think I've ever reset my ecu lol so that maybe the problem? I've added a cat back straight through exhaust and also an eBay filter.

Id never noticed but if my cars stationary and I rev it a bit I can smell the unburnt petrol so that's gunna make me use more fuel? It's running 'rich' as you like.

And more fuel = more petrol and costs to the ring

So I'm wantin to sort it out before I go :) any help?

Reset your ECU, even if it doesn't fix it it's free to do and won't do any harm in a reset every now and again.

Do a search on here for pics, but if you can get into the fuse box it's one of the blue 15 fuses, bottom right

Edited by LiamGTR

I had a look for the thread. Says take out ef1?

Well:

28b33c32.jpg

Mines a yellow 20 amp and says it should be too. I reset it lol takes a few miles doesnt it?

edbbb2b4.jpg

Edited by oMIKEYo

Shit sorry mate, I always thought it was the blue 15, when I took my blue 15 out the car done the usual beep beep thing inside thecar and I assumed that was the right out.

What thread did you check? I wanna know what i've pulled out now :blush:

But yea apparently it does take the ECU a few miles to 're-learn' it's fueling etc. ?

Edited by LiamGTR

I just searched reset ecu however it did say the blue 15 and someone said they had a 20 in it then people said it was in the wrong place? However the diagram says it should be a 20 in my case haha. Maybe climate control changes it? As I haven't got it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.