New Ballast needed

So as some that were at RS will already know, I have had some trouble with my drivers side HID. Well, it turned out to be a blown fuse, so I replaced it only for it to blow again instantly. This was after I have changed back to my 6000k bulbs thinking one of the 4300k ones had gone. So it would appear that the ballast is to blame.

If indeed I do need a new one, would anyone have a second hand one that they are willing to sell to me please?

Cheers

Dave

I had a similar problem with my drivers side one, no blown fuses though just a dodgy ballast.

I got one from a UK seller on ebay, was around £12 and took a 2-3 days to arrive.

The problem i had before was that the light decided to pick and chose when it wanted to work and was driving me mad. Changed the ballast and was all working perfect...or so i thought, now I usually have to turn on the lights and left will come on....turn them off and back on and both lights will work :s ... ah well!

you are not alone

ask anyone about faulty hid and 99% will say its the drivers side ballast.

i had 2 replacement sets with the older big ballasts and both of them kept failing

i now have slim canbus ballasts and have not had a problem since

i still have some of the older ballasts somewhere in the shed but honestly its better to invest in the slimline canbus ones

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.