Gen 7 Hood Scoop

Right...

So the time has come (because of monies being available) to start playing with the car...and on the shopping list is to change the hood scoop. Yeah the OEM one is all well and good but feeling that a bit of carbon fibre is needed. Bar the genuine Seibon C1 which is just over £200 are there any other alternatives...my 190 is thunder grey so I think the carbon would offset this nicely.

Thoughts or suggestions would be gratefully received and any shopping advice for suppliers (with url's) would be great!!

:)

Right...

So the time has come (because of monies being available) to start playing with the car...and on the shopping list is to change the hood scoop. Yeah the OEM one is all well and good but feeling that a bit of carbon fibre is needed. Bar the genuine Seibon C1 which is just over £200 are there any other alternatives...my 190 is thunder grey so I think the carbon would offset this nicely.

Thoughts or suggestions would be gratefully received and any shopping advice for suppliers (with url's) would be great!!

If it was me I would spend the money on something internally, like induction kit, but I always prefer to make performance mod's over a body kit first. Its a personal preference, which also goes for your car :) If you want it and like the idea then get it! :)

Haha yea but an induction kit doesn't do anything but make noise, unless u go for a injen CAI but there big £££. On carbon front I believe ray at rt-performance do one for around £100

Edited by shmotorsport

Thanks for the response guys...i'll follow up the lead but if anything comes for sale PLEASE PM me...i've heard varied stories about induction kits and understand that you need to spend £££ to make it worth while, gonna chat with Fensport and see what they recommend as there Gen7 is epic!!

As for the rest of the carbon and TRD shopping list - its now on!!

Haha yea but an induction kit doesn't do anything but make noise, unless u go for a injen CAI but there big £££. On carbon front I believe ray at rt-performance do one for around £100

Arent the blitz sonic induction kits supposed to be the nuts too ? again your looking at 300-400 quid though!

£358inc VAT...not too bad - sports cat sounded like a good option though

Check out longlife exhausts, they make custom stainless steel exhausts and quoted me 300 for a whole system, although I did not supply any specification. Long Life Exhausts

I am thinking of either putting the blitz nurspec or try and find a tanabe and have these guys make me the centre section and sports cat.

you could always fit a Decat, and slap the standard one in for MoT's, but this is illegal and wouldnt be advised ;)you do notice a difference however!

Edited by RoryK

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.