Back boxes and HIDs.

Has anyone had a back box from this seller?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-CELICA-COROLLA-UNIVERSAL-BACK-BOX-EXHAUST-/150584199867?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item230f848abb

If so, whar are you thoughts on them? How were they in sound and did it make a difference in acceleration? Need some exhaust noise now. :D Will be fitting a decat as well from Kelsport.

About HIDs. I'm being told they're legal and illegal? I've seen so many people going around Northampton with them on. Ive been told if you have a set which aren't going to blind someone they're ok. Has anyone been pulled over because of them? My sister was pulled over as her headlights were too bright according to a policeman and they were standard Mercedes lights. I'm not after something seriously bright just something which is better than the bulbs I have in the Celica at the moment.

Kishan.

personally id go with a back box made for the car, pay a bit more granted, but by the time you have had the universal box fitted it will work out around the same price if you was to buy one for the car off the shelf or go have a custom one made and fitted

with HIDs i think the law states they must not be over 6k and you must has head light washers and light level adjusters.

id advice not to go over 6k, and i know the celica has light washers on the UK car and light level adjusters, so you should be fine

personally id go with a back box made for the car, pay a bit more granted, but by the time you have had the universal box fitted it will work out around the same price if you was to buy one for the car off the shelf or go have a custom one made and fitted

with HIDs i think the law states they must not be over 6k and you must has head light washers and light level adjusters.

id advice not to go over 6k, and i know the celica has light washers on the UK car and light level adjusters, so you should be fine

Thanks for the reply. Where could I find an aftermarket back box? Got someone who could put it on for me. He gives me good prices too. Don't even know where I could find HID kits lol. I'll definitely keep it at 6000. Thanks for the tip. :)

as the chap said above hid are legal they have to be 8000k or lower lower the number the brighter the light... if you got to celica talk talk there is a good forum on hids mate.. http://www.celica.talktalk.net/

Thanks for telling me about the website, I had a quick look through, there's some good stuff on there.

erm a exhaust place will probably charge you between £80-120 for a custom back box, and you can probably pick up one made to fit your car about the same kinda price

and you can get HID kits off ebay for around £60, thats where i got mine, you want a HB4 bulb kit irrc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.