Scantool OBDLink

cornet

Got it connected up to my HTC Desire HD running the free version of torque with no issues.

Quick blast home from work showed at least the rev counter was accurate. However the MPG was way off (showing 60mpg when i got home).

Just paid out for the non-free version of torque to see if that fixes the issues. Non-free version also gives fault code read outs.

Will update tomorrow after I've tested it some more.

take it these dont work with iphones?

id kill to have one just now as my engine light is on :(

how much the app cost you to read the codes aswell?

There are indeed apps for the iPhone, take a look here there are a few mentioned: http://www.avforums.com/forums/motoring/1220714-iphone-obdii-reader.html

You can get the bluetooth adapters much cheaper but personally I wasn't prepared to take the risk as some of them are really badly made and could damage your car.

Considering most garages will charge you up to £80 just to read the codes then the one I bought is still good value.

Just taken delivery of one of these from scantool-direct

Will get it hooked up to my Gen7 after work.

Until then it's gonna sit on my desk looking at me :(

My preference was a stand alone OBD2 reader from Ebay. Autel GS500. No need for greenteeth and expensive phone, all is displayed and not just the code. Just plug into OBD2 port.

Upgraded to the non-free version of torque. Much better :)

Improvements include:

* MPG now looks accurate (70MPG was a tad optimistic I feel)

* Can easily see what sensors work and which don't. Only annoying one that doesn't work is oil pressure - need to do some research on PID for that.

* Proper interface to ECU error codes - mine still showing now errors (woo)

* Logs MAP of your trip colour coded depending on speed

* Interface diagnostics such as speed of readings, whether it's functioning correctly etc...

Bad points so far: Only one really, status light on the ODB connector stays active after you turn the engine off meaning there is still power to it. Apparently it should shut itself down after 2min but doesn't appear to. Worst case I'm gonna have to rig a relay up to turn it on/off when the ignition is turned on.

Torque I was very impressed for £18

£18 !!! I paid £2.95 for it from the Android Store... Maybe it's dropped in price recently :)

I've still not tried the Windows software supplied with it yet, need to borrow the girlfriend's laptop for that as I don't run Windows.

This is a long shot, but does anyone have the full toyta OBD2-PID list ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.