Missing fuse on my Gen 7?

Sho

I installed a K&N panel filter on Saturday and pulled off the lid of the fuse box so I could reset the ECU, bearing in mind I've never done anything like that before. I came across loads of different chips but I noticed there was a big one missing at the bottom right. Anyone have any idea what it is that's missing? and why?

if0hmb.jpg

There's loads of spare plugs, sockets, fuse and relay locations that are unused on some cars. Manufacturers fit the same looms and fuse panels etc to the cars as its saves on manufacturing costs so there is always some bits that are not used depending on what options were fitted.

There's loads of spare plugs, sockets, fuse and relay locations that are unused on some cars. Manufacturers fit the same looms and fuse panels etc to the cars as its saves on manufacturing costs so there is always some bits that are not used depending on what options were fitted.

As long as everyone else has it missing too then not a problem, but I'm sure I've seen that socket being used for something so I wasn't sure if I was missing something out.

Thanks for the info

Its for the flux capacitor, its an optional part

Finally! haha thank you, I'm not sure what that is but will have a look into it

Oh...its a joke ;) haha...I reckon I need to learn more about cars

Edited by Sho

:lol: Not a Back To The Future fan then? :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist! Dont worry though, most people even on here wont have a clue. There might be a diagram on the underside of the fusebox cover or in the manual? (Im not sure as Ive only owned mine for a year). You should be able to reference it to that location and then see what it might have been for, as said though already, it was most likely an optional extra like fogs or other options

Edited by Chris CW

:lol: Not a Back To The Future fan then? :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist! Dont worry though, most people even on here wont have a clue. There might be a diagram on the underside of the fusebox cover or in the manual? (Im not sure as Ive only owned mine for a year). You should be able to reference it to that location and then see what it might have been for, as said though already, it was most likely an optional extra like fogs or other options

I recognized the word but searched it anyway, came up with "replicas" and then I had a look on google images...haha you got me. Yeah I always come on here and ask stuff but the manual is only under my bed so its probably easier just to pick that up and have a read. Can't remember the last time I opened a book of any sort. I'm not too fussed if its an additional extra, just wasn't sure if I was missing a crucial part which might effect any of my performance.

Thanks by the way

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.