gen 6

roy newton

weird I was about to start a topic as mine is too stiff! struggle to get it open, we should merge or something :D

try a bit of lube,it might help ...on the release mechanism ..

I have these available if you need any parts ...

sounds like the lever has bust, pull the boot panel and reach under the ariel you will be able to pull the cable by hand and open it,

thanks i have just done that it worked,what do i do next , what is the best way to get at lever,and if broken does bigb 1970 have one?

Edited by roy newton

to get at the lever you need to get the drivers seat out, dont be alarmed though its 4 bolts and only takes 15 mins, the lever is mounted under a bit of the floor so you will need to lift the carpet, fingers crossed the cable has just come out, but if you need to change the whole thing its simple enough to do

at least you can get fuel in it just now

to get at the lever you need to get the drivers seat out, dont be alarmed though its 4 bolts and only takes 15 mins, the lever is mounted under a bit of the floor so you will need to lift the carpet, fingers crossed the cable has just come out, but if you need to change the whole thing its simple enough to do

at least you can get fuel in it just now

thanks i will have ago tomorrow if it will stop raining. it's bloody murder neeling in the wet. by the way is there any tips on getting the flap to stay flush, tried tape and blue tack will not work on wet bodywork

sorry no tips, when i bought my first GT the previous owner had a screw through it - i dont even want to describe why it was there or how it worked, if it was you i would just close it as normal and keep opening the boot to release it untill you get to the bottom of the problem

sorry no tips, when i bought my first GT the previous owner had a screw through it - i dont even want to describe why it was there or how it worked, if it was you i would just close it as normal and keep opening the boot to release it untill you get to the bottom of the problem

levers had come apart, cable had come out of its holders at both lever and flap end (had to take out ariel to get at that one!) return spring missing, put everything back together, working like new, thankyou

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.