Driveshaft problem?

Biffy69

OK, so we can ignore the last 20 or so posts, then? :(

If re-greasing the joint gets rid of the noise, I wouldn't bother changing them till they get dodgy ... unless you have money to get rid of.

Angus

Well........................have packed the outer CV boot with grease and there is no change at all so really isn't that as we thought!!!!

Getting P****D off now.

Will get someone over the weekend to lie under it whilst on stands and listen while I "drive" it.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, I took it to a friend of a friends tonight, and he's a mechanic and MOT tester.

He got under and within 4 minutes had noticed that partof the ABS system had shifted slightly and so put that back as it should be and also found on the passenger side wheel that someething that is hel to the strut had moved towards the wheel as the black plastic clip had borken. Using a cable tie he tied this where it should be.

On the way home the grinding was still there but not as loud but it eventually went. One thing that is strange is the fact that when I drove off it was there, and then went lol

Fingers crossed that this is the end of it.

Many thanks to "thetigerscelica" for putting me in touch with this guy and coming with me :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.