Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
Ajay

Naming and Shaming a Member

Question

Well, I'm appalled to be treated so badly by another member on here.

Here is a shortened version of my story:

On the 20th of October, after some PM to'ing and fro'ing, I sent payment to Ace09 for drivers side inner and outer headlights, a good price of £40 which he requested be sent as a gift. Naturally, I had a look and could he'd been a member for a while and was relatively active so trusted him and sent payment as requested.

Well, I allowed a week to pass, didn't receive anything or hear anything so PM'd to ask how things were progressing. I was told that he'd asked a mate to send them but he hadn't and he'd also forgotten about it, no worries I thought, Its no mad rush.

Another week and a half later, nothing. So PM'd again asking for an update to which I got no reply. I then PM'd a number of days later, after I'd seen he'd definitely been online, to say that all he needed to do was talk to me. If there was a genuine problem then fine but he just had to let me know and that he wouldn't be happy if he was the buyer in this transaction thus far.

He replied to say he agreed and that he was sorry, there was a problem with the delivery address at the courier but would phone them to sort and I'd get it in a few days....

Well, needless to say, they still aren't here, I have no tracking reference as he won't provide. I've now asked for a refund twice, the first time he came back to say that there was still a problem with the delivery address but he'd sort it.

I told him not to worry, i don't want any more empty promises, just my money back. I'm now not getting any replies and he's not been online since the 21st November.

I PM'd admin to ask advice and didn't want to name a shame but this is my last resort to get my money back!

Adam - the ball is in your court!!!

I've been nothing but nice but you stiffed me, plain and simple and thats just not cool.

Not good news at all

I hope you can both sort it out and you get your money back dude

I hope Adam reads this and pulls his finger out

As you said he hasn't been on for over a week so not sure if/when he'll see this. I got no notification of any query from yourself but to be honest there is not a lot the club can do as it is an agreeent between the two of you about a private sale. Do you have any other contact info? Email? Phone number?

It's a shame that you sent the money as a gift as paypal don't give you any options for claiming it back. Hope Adam comes back on, reads this, and refunds the money.

I thought this was going to be about me teamkilling you on Modern Warfare the other day!! Was on for a good killstreak when you threw that grenade at me head!! lol

Hope you get your money back mate.

Thanks guys, I hope so too!

No, I, PM'd Nemesis and Old Red Celica for a bit of support and to see if they could check my PM logs to prove I've not been rude at all. I just wanted the lights, now I want my money back.

I'm never sending as a gift again, I have done in the past with absolutely no problems because I work on the premise I can trust a club member, if they've been on here a while and visit regularly anyway. Once bitten, twice shy!

Myboot - haha, yeah, sorry man, we should party up next time. I had an a decent game on Quarry in the end after a slow start

Its not good when something like this happens :blush:

Unfortunately theres nothing the management can do on the rare ocasion if this happens as we cant check members PM's. The only advice I can think of for the future for members is to either add 3.9% plus 20p to cover the paypal fees (which I believe is the correct amount) to the asking price or the member buying items to add this if asked to send as a gift as that way it is possible to get a refund

Shame when this happens.

Do the club not have his postal address from membership.

Hope you get it sorted

Do the club not have his postal address from membership.

The club does have the address but it can only be given out if asked by the police as there are privacy issues.

Yeah, I've no plans to go round there even if I did have an address and I'm not holding a grudge, I just want my money back.

Once I have that, it'll be forgotten as far as I'm concerned, I'm only doing this as I'm not getting anywhere by PM.

We all have busy lives etc and bad things happen to people but just a short PM to say bear with me goes a long LONG way. If that is in fact the reason I have nothing.

My house has been there since 1976 and I've been there 2 years and I know my paypal address works, I've used it hundreds of times.

Edited by Ajay

Thats low and cheap to rip another club member over such a small amount to risk getting a bad rep for £40 is nuts

best to always just be straight up with folks is my policy Hopefuly it gets sorted

I hope he gets back to you with an honest answer, even if it's not in your favour, at least then you'll be able to close things one way or the other.

Hope it's the other and you get your money back my friend, good luck.

If you got his email address, search it in facebook, bebo ect. ect. if it comes up, add him as a friend and contact him that way, thats how I got hold of a guy that was conning me out of money!

Yeah, good shout on the e-mail addy, will give that a go!

I don't have a contact number to call dude :blush:

Like you guys say, its not the sort of money you can run to spain with so why not just be up front? Crazy!

Thanks for the support peeps

Sign in to follow this