Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

How to sell engine bits?

after all my car troubles (still not over lol) i was hoping to make some money back??

i have alot of engine spare bits, basically i have a complet engine, minus a piston, crankshaft + bearings. . .

what do you think the best way to sell them would be, people dont really want random bits like i have do they? i can see them not selling on e-bay :(

any ideas?

after all my car troubles (still not over lol) i was hoping to make some money back??

i have alot of engine spare bits, basically i have a complet engine, minus a piston, crankshaft + bearings. . .

what do you think the best way to sell them would be, people dont really want random bits like i have do they? i can see them not selling on e-bay :(

any ideas?

wel, someone might buy the head, sensors or the block from u, but that will not make real money, i'd suggest u get the missin parts, and try to get the engine running....

any ideas?

I'd suggest you may be able to sell the head, assuming it still has the cams etc. I'd advertise it on some of the Celica/MR2 sites as someone may wish to use it as a mod base. I doubt anyone will want it as a replacement unless its a VVL and they happen to have trashed a head with a dropped lift bolt. If I were you, I would keep hold of it though. Save up some more beanies and have it flowed and new cams profiled. Then you can have a day out to have the heads swapped and gain a bit more from your car ;)

The rest is probably junk, if it were mine I would probably take to it with an angle grinder just cos its fun to hack em up and see how they are put together, but thats just me :)

Some of the sensors etc may be worth keeping around, someone may need em some day. If you dont have room, just bin em.

What condition is your short-block in? I take it the piston exited the side of the engine? :(

noooo

all the piston did was just a piece has chipped off the top, but it still remained in place, therefore not scratching or scoring the bores. (lucky)

and then when the piston was removed the piece just fell off, i think there is a pic of it in my thread about it all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.