Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Petrol Price Petition

woodzee

I've given up on those online petitions. Write your MP if you want something to happen, otherwise it'll just get ignored like that one about road tax based on milage.

We don't need to wait for the ice cap to melt to get oil, we've got the Falklands :)

Know theses sort of things have been around before, but if we all keep signing them, they might get the message!

What harm can it do? Only takes a few secs.....

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/CUT-PETROL-COST/

For all the good it'll do, you might as well start a petition to get them to force Aston Martin to make DB9's affordable. I hate paying for petrol, but as I don't drive a car that can get 50+ MPG, I can't really blame anyone else for my fuel bills.

I think thats a little optomistic aswell :)

Maybe, however it's a lot more likely to make things happen than filling in some website that politicians have shown they ignore :P

I've written to my MP about the evils of software patents before (along with hundreds/thousands of others), had a nice response from both her and the MEP about it. In the end we didn't support them in the EU and they weren't implemented. Maybe common sense would have won the day in that case anyway but I wouldn't have bet on it.

these petitions are about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

look at all the publicity and hype petrol prices got when the blockades were in progress a few years back.

what good did that do?

nothing

so what difference will putting your name down on an electronic petition do?

i would say nothing!

:)

on 21st Nov a barrel of oil was $99.29 now its fell to $88 yet petrol prices continue to go up, why???

fare enough if a oil goes up in price then so does petrol, but why doesn't it ever work the other way?? petrol might go down 1 or 2p a ltr but if oil prices return to the same as they were when petrol was 10p per ltr cheaper they never make the petrol 10p cheaper, because of this i have no sympathy for the oil company's at all when they say they only make pennys per ltr, they say there not ripping us off but they clearly are ..

Kev

on 21st Nov a barrel of oil was $99.29 now its fell to $88 yet petrol prices continue to go up, why???

fare enough if a oil goes up in price then so does petrol, but why doesn't it ever work the other way?? petrol might go down 1 or 2p a ltr but if oil prices return to the same as they were when petrol was 10p per ltr cheaper they never make the petrol 10p cheaper, because of this i have no sympathy for the oil company's at all when they say they only make pennys per ltr, they say there not ripping us off but they clearly are ..

Kev

Oh no the oil companies are making billions, have no worry about their bank balance.

Are they greedy Nah not compared to uncle Brown now that fat question dodging bastard there is a greedy dick.

The UK has the highest petrol tax there is.

And every time the price of oil goes up the price goes up when oil comes back down Uncle Gordy replaces the discount for the new price with tax to keep the price level.

He has been desparate to see Fuel price over a pound, and now uses the Green excuse to keep them high.

but does nothing to removes lorries from the roads, and since there are more diesels now then ever and they get better mileage now then ever they are buying less fuel so of course the cheaper more easily produced fuel less refined and can be derived from coal they throw extra tax on it to make up the short fall for better mileage cars.

They don't want us out of our cars, they don't want you to turn off lights, they just want to raise taxes and pay lip service to everything else.

look at all the publicity and hype petrol prices got when the blockades were in progress a few years back.

what good did that do?

IIRC the abolition of the fuel duty escalator and a chancellor that cancelled planned duty hikes and was scared to touch fuel tax till his unelected promotion.

Petrol tax doesn't really deter people from driving. Its an essential thing for a lot of people, so what was spent on other things (the house, shopping, drinks, etc) gets sent into the weekly petrol bill. Its a shame the government doesn't see that, and can't be shamed into reducing the tax

Petrol tax doesn't really deter people from driving. Its an essential thing for a lot of people, so what was spent on other things (the house, shopping, drinks, etc) gets sent into the weekly petrol bill. Its a shame the government doesn't see that, and can't be shamed into reducing the tax

I have to disagree Frodo - I have two choices of how to get to and from work - a £5.10 a day 15 min train journey and a 25min walk, or a 15-45min drive depending on the traffic. Now that petrol's above £1 a litre, the train seems like a more reasonable option - it's pretty much on par price wise, and much lower stress assuming I make the train!

I really do think that the Gov's long term strategy for public transport is just to make petrol so expensive that a £180 Lonon-Manchester train ticket seems reasonable :drunk: There was a time when I'd consider a day trip to Bala in N. Wales just to enjoy the B4391 - I can just about do the round trip in 10 hours, with a long lunch in the middle. It'd be more than £100 in petrol these days - which is enough to keep me at home saving for mods instead :sofa:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.