Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

OMG,

alfonzobonzo

Classic Ratty post coming up!!

Either these devices work so well, that the owner of this fabulous technology keeps very quiet, so as to not reveal their secret to the world......so they are a one off, and feel so smug, driving past all us idiots in our gas guzzlers....

Or they are so ashamed to admit they bought one, and it does bugger all....

I think lots of people are missing a trick here.....what's that Michelle? Time to wake up? OK, cornflakes again? :)

I think if they worked manufacturers would be fitting them, the increase in fuel economy would be worth the thruppence it would cost em, and do they really think AUdi wouldnt whack it in if gained up 50 geegees for sod all effort. Seems mad to me, why spend billions on research when you can just whack a fan in the intake LOL

I thought of something like this the other day... the electric intercooler! powered by a fridge peltier, cools the air down to very low temps. I'm pretty sure it won't work, not much of a mechanic so I don't know why. Also, it'd kill the battery but hey worth a try.

I had an idea along the same lines as this. Its most probably the dumbest idea ever but hear me out. We know that colder air will improve performance and forcing air in to the engine certainly does the trick... So what would happen if you re-plumbed your air con to supply the air intake rather than blowing through the vents into the cabin? You could turn it down as cold as it would go and put it on full power so that it blows cold air straight in to the engine. Im guessing the answer is it wouldnt be cold enoguh to make a difference nor would it be blowing air hard enough. Just a thought!

I had an idea along the same lines as this. Its most probably the dumbest idea ever but hear me out. We know that colder air will improve performance and forcing air in to the engine certainly does the trick... So what would happen if you re-plumbed your air con to supply the air intake rather than blowing through the vents into the cabin? You could turn it down as cold as it would go and put it on full power so that it blows cold air straight in to the engine. Im guessing the answer is it wouldnt be cold enoguh to make a difference nor would it be blowing air hard enough. Just a thought!

Something to think about but the first few questions that spring to mind is.

1) Could the AC unit produce the volume of air that the engine will demand?

2) Would the power increase from the cold air induced over come the power lost from the AC pump engaged?

Dorris

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.