Post your CELICA pic of the day:ONE PIC PER PERSON PER DAY PLEASE!

We had a great drive to Kemble Airport (nr Cirencester) this morning. We might not be able to go abroad, but I managed to park under a BA plane that I think they will be restoring on a stand rather than scrapping like all the other BA planes lined up :(

IMG_20220107_100912.thumb.jpg.241a0a92088d4c0f33ef44b98e4d84e6.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dare I post another photo? Of course I will :D

This one is quite poignant to me, as it is the world's last complete RAF Brittania transport plane in existence - and one my late father was Flight Engineer on. It wasn't open to the public today, but I have previously been inside and sat on the seat he would have sat on himself. They have retired RAF people who show you round and tell stories. No computers onboard and if they got lost, they could put a small periscope up through the cockpit roof and navigate by the stars :).

IMG_20220107_121207.thumb.jpg.8933003f823af91d2e6e186a7bef4e63.jpg

• Like 7

12 hours ago, CheltGirl said:

Dare I post another photo? Of course I will :D

This one is quite poignant to me, as it is the world's last complete RAF Brittania transport plane in existence - and one my late father was Flight Engineer on. It wasn't open to the public today, but I have previously been inside and sat on the seat he would have sat on himself. They have retired RAF people who show you round and tell stories. No computers onboard and if they got lost, they could put a small periscope up through the cockpit roof and navigate by the stars :).

IMG_20220107_121207.thumb.jpg.8933003f823af91d2e6e186a7bef4e63.jpg

Superb aircraft.  One of the last to be developed while my wife’s grandfather was in charge at the Bristol Aircraft Co. - which he ran through the war.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, GT1994 said:

I will post a thread on my experiences but here is a picture from my North Coast 500 road trip with a friend's ST185 outside Duncansby Head Lighthouse

DSC_4997.thumb.JPG.237f8fa34bfbd60576927f2a7f4d7179.JPG

Would love to hear about your story and any tips you would like to share. Planning on doing the 500 run this year in my ST165, hopefully 

Edited by Santiago
  • Like 1

On 14/02/2022 at 09:16, Santiago said:

Would love to hear about your story and any tips you would like to share. Planning on doing the 500 run this year in my ST165, hopefully 

You will thoroughly enjoy it I can guarantee. I will post a thread on the NC500 with an overview and tips for making the journey

• Like 1

I've often thought about organising a club members driving event for it, but a convoy of any length could be quite tricky to say the least :D. I haven't yet done it myself, but a number of club members have done it in the past with a small group of friends. 

• Like 2

On 20/02/2022 at 17:15, CheltGirl said:

I've often thought about organising a club members driving event for it, but a convoy of any length could be quite tricky to say the least :D. I haven't yet done it myself, but a number of club members have done it in the past with a small group of friends. 

You should get the feelers out to see who would be interested. Celica NC500 Club

DSC_0303.thumb.JPG.b8e4fc0791034984afec37525ab340f6.JPG

Currently in North Wales and took it to where SS3 was held on the Rally GB round of 2019's WRC

• Like 2

Early morning rising today so I fired up the Celica and had a drive down to the nearest big town to fill up with petrol. I usually run on Shell V-Power but thought I'd try a tank full of Tesco Momentum just for a change. Got a full tank before the prices rocket because of the Russians :P

petrol.jpg

• Like 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.