Perry 190 - A Tribute

Bubba

I met Perry at the same meet as Johny, Bubba, Gary, Guam etc. back in the early days and I was waiting with anticipation at seeing his car. Back then he had just bought the Blitz Nur Spec and a soundtest later it was to be one of my first purchases. It was all downhill from that point!

Perry was one of the first characters at the club and has played a huge part in making this club what it is today. He had an infectious enthusiasm and we all enjoyed the ride as we waited to hear about the next mod.

His sense of humour is one of the main reasons we got on so well. It was worth logging on to the forum to see what his next line of abuse would be in the latest round of friendly banter. On one particular occasion he had me well and truely beaten and my last response was simply to tell him that he was an ugly git! That had him pissing himself laughing.

Perry always had time for you, even if it was to tell to stop asking stupid questions and just get on with buying the damn thing (I used to annoy the hell out of him about whether I should purchase a particular part).

I always liked how he didn't make himself out to be a showoff, but you knew he loved it when he got all the attention at every meet he attended. He was in his element when he described about the mods he had just done and what his next plans were.

I will Perry as if he was family. One of life's good and decent men has been taken before his time and my heart goes out to his family.

BTW, I'm still waiting for you to fix my mesh you old bugger :icon_cry:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 months later...

Im truely shocked such sad news

perry you was the best so thoughtful,even offering to help rebuild my car when it was a sorry state

a true gentleman

we only met at a few meets but we chatted at each one and oh how i admired your cars the mods were superb

you allways had kind words and gave me compliments on the little mods id done to my car

im truely sorry i havent posted before ive not been on the forum in ages

i feel a lump in my throat

ive read every post ,you deserve every tribute plus more

missed but never forgotten

rest in peace perry

and godbless to all your family

Linda xxxx

Edited by Linda

• 4 years later...

Rightly so this should be a pinned topic really , Perry was thee most iconic member of the club and probably still is today with everything he did on all the cars he had , I remember trying to re-create the sub box he made in his car no easy feet i can assure but its the little things he did that got me more into trying things myself rather than paying someone else to do it. Obviously the most awe inspring modification back then was when he drilled the boot lid and fitted the fog lights in. I dont think anyone had the balls to do that back then let alone doing it now.

Our garage fit the turbo kit to the MR2 and the tech who fit it didn't road test it first he simply thought the only test pilot should be the man himself.

On Perry's return the great bloody wide grin told us it was just fine, and looking at the pictures on this thread shows the same big grin many a times.

R.I.P. Perry.

i miss this icon so much , he used to just pop along to meets and show an interest at whatever you had done , even the smallest mod.Perry had a heart of gold and a dremil he didnt mind using RIP mate

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.