The Vert Thread - general information & owners list

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen a g5 AND a g6 vert(s) in Warrington this last week! Anyone on here?

When I saw both (different days), the sun was shining, lovely day! But both had their roofs closed!

I couldn't flyer them, or draw their attention, as we were both moving at the time...

(Spotted a white GT4 near Warrington too, gave a flash, and got a big thumbs up back) :wink:

does anyone own an M reg red G6 vert katy?

I was on the M61-M60 interchange last saturday, and i saw one with the roof down- all the occupants gave me a wave so I flashed back :lol:

Hey, hiya :wave: tell us more about your car - any pics? I'll put you on the list :think:

I don't know of any other reds in the club Dan, but a funny thing happened to me the other day - I took her in for new tyres & the garage were saying that they'd never seen one before & guess what! another one rolled in! She'd just been delivered to the new owner, who lives about 2 miles from me!!!!!!! :lol: She has a flyer......... (no sign yet)... managed a phone pic (clever daughter - I was too excited to notice)

normal_63BB0135.jpg

Too excited to notice what? Your daughter stood on the back seat of your vert facing backwards smiling for the camera thats facing her with you looking thru it? :think:

Hope you don't get that distracted while driving Katy! :lol:

Jessin' with ya old girl! (well you ARE 97!) :wink:

I actually bought this for my wife so its not strictly mine but it's a 1996 red Gen6. I bought it of someone in the club from Swindon. I will put some pictures up later.

The car needed a bit of work done to it when I bought it and ran pretty rough but this was reflected in the price I paid for it.

So far I have had to replace the rear discs / pads, cat, plugs and leads and fit an airbox. I also had to weld the bar that goes between the front cross member and the front valence (just below the bonnet catch) as I noticed the bonnet was doing a lot of flexing when I was driving it home. The car in now more or less standard apart from the 17" wheels and runs really sweet now.

The roof is in good condition apart from a few marks just to the back of the rear quarter windows (both sides) but I believe that this is pretty common. I also got the tonneau cover which was a bonus.

Things left to do are sort out some small dings on the body, sort out one of the switches that opens the passenger side rear quarter window as this sometimes sticks and replace the timing belt as the service book was last stamped in 2003.

Nice one Highroller! But a vert in Scotland? brrrrrr! Do you not like your wife of something? :think:

You could have bought me one instead! :wink:

Disks/Pads and a service on a '96 Celi are a gimme..they usually need doing...mines a 95, and I just did mine too..

Look out for rear anti roll bar bushes too (banging from back end); dead easy to sort; and cheap to do yourself..

Looks like you have a future classic in your hands! Hope all goes well for you!

Does anybody like thier wife? java script:emoticon(':hide:')

Hide Anyway she can just wear a thicker pair of thermals under her kilt. Anti roll bar bushes are fine on the vert, but i have not long done them on my SS2 along with pads and handbrake cable / shoes.

:think: so where was it you bumped into Katy then? She travelled oop north for a footy match, but doubt she'd book it into a garage for the tyres to be done (unless you went to Shuttys place!); as I've seen a g6 vert knocking around Warrington recently..... :wink:

And there's me thinking all Scots went Commando under their kilts.......... :lol: I could type more....but I won't...upset you by mistake.. :D :wink:

I took her in for new tyres & the garage were saying that they'd never seen one before & guess what! another one rolled in!

Sorry Katy I thought you were referring to Highroller! :think: even though his Avatar is Scotland and yours is darn sarff! (Might have relocated?)

Unless you refer to you never met me......but you did....... :wink:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.