Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
johny

Snow? - Test that ABS !!!

Question

Great - got a bit of snow here this morning so I thought time to test the ABS. Found a car-park, went up to about 15mph and braked. ABS worked perfect!!

Nice and easy way of testing it out methinks!

3 answers to this question

Guest Ben77

The only way I can test my ABS is to use my foot to simulate.....LOL.

;););)

PS: Has anyone tried doing donuts on FWD in the snow just for fun? Let me know if it's successful.

snow? snow? wots that then all we have here is perfect blue skies n sunshine just spent 3 hours sorting the car out. i must of had over 35 cd's in there, stashed in various places.(i even found my palm pilot which i lost about 3 months ago doh!!!) noticed a couple of small surface scratches and scratch x'ed em out and she is now looking spanky....

oh well spose snow will come now and ruim it all X|

Guest steve-j

I remember reading ages ago that Audi used to allow you to turn off ABS in their cars specifically so that you could disable the ABS when it snowed because ABS increases stopping distances in fresh snow as the on-off braking stops a build up of snow in front of the tyres which actually helps braking - not if there's black ice underneath though!

Sign in to follow this