Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
usetheforce

Some People....finally over :)

Question

Ok

went to get into the car today and noticed 2 dents on the rear panel just behind the drivers door and a scrape down the door.... :evil: :evil: :evil:

went out and then came back, stripping out interior to see if i could "knock" the dents out when a woman comes over and sais "have you got any damage??" yes i said, she then replies "i saw who did that, it was the guy with the suzuki jeep, he did it yesterday morning, he rammed it twice (head on) while trying to turn his car round, he hit it so hard it rocked the car..!!!! she said he then got out and checked his car but not yours."

so that would explain the white flakes of paint on my car then..... :roll:

Right so i goes round to the guy (only lives 2 doors away) and sais all this too him and that he was seen hitting my car etc...what do you think he did?????

The a******e is denying it, saying if i hit it i would admit it and would have left you a note, he actually spoke to me yesterday as i was going out(hence why i didnt notice it yesterday), I cant believe he can say to me if i hit it i would admit it to my face, when he was seen doing it and is denying it.!!!!!!

he even took me round the stupid jeep and said can you see any damage, yep i said!!!!! and its the right height/colour etc....

So what do i do, i can claim off my insurance and say that he was seen doing it and have a witness, but if hes denying it. what can they do?

i was only going to ask him for some ££'s to sort it.

With everything thats going on with the car at the mo, i really DONT need this..... :D:cry::D

p.s while chatting to a few neighbours i havent spoke to before, he has a "bad reputation" for violence to people and police etc....

the guy must be in his 50's, but i am not going to let him think he can get away weith hitting peoples cars who share the same parking spaces as him and get away with it, i just hope as he was seen he will be a bit more carefull.

I would have thought that if there is a witness to the situation who was willing to write a statement then you should have a good case

Wouldn't he get 3 points too for leaving the scene of an accident without leaving his details?

Kev had something similar when he parked his bike and a van ran over it, lucky thing was that an independent witness happened to be a barristar.

Do you have any more witnesses?

Sam

Not that i know of just this woman....

he even said do you want to get the police involved etc... and i said not really as its only a dent but at the end of the day you are denying something that someone has witnessed you doing, so im not sure what im going to do..

he just kept contradicting himself saying he would admit it etc etc...when blatantly he wont.!!!! :roll: :roll: :evil: :evil: :evil:

i mean its annying when you come back to your car and find a dent or a scratch etc when your in a shopping centre etc...but to have it happen where you live and they still dont admit, really p****s me off.

report him to the police, then start a neigbourhood war ( better not tho )

Yeah this is the prob, i dont want any hassle as its where i live etc, but in the same sense i dont see why he should get away with it.

ive never spoke to this woman before so shes not doing it for my benefit, she just said that i thought i should tell you as i saw it happen..

she is not gaining anything by making this up, and ive got no reason to dis-believe her, but the other neighbours whove spoken to me about are not surprised he wont admit it..

She's your independent witness.

Go and see the guy again and, if no joy, get the coppers involved!

Angus

She's your independent witness.

Go and see the guy again and, if no joy, get the coppers involved!

Angus

well ive told him there is a witness and he is still denying it, i should imagine even if i got her to tell him he would still deny it.... :? :D :evil:

I am so p****d off.

Get a quote, give it to him and ask for his insurance details. If he still wont play ball get the Police involved.

Should he get arsey with you slap the F**ker.

tricky one really, go and have another word along the lines of there has been several witnesses ( lie) saying youve bumped my car. And bluntly say are you going to admit fault and let the insurnace sort it. If not there only 2 options man to man or bite the dust im afraid

Well as he is already denying it with a witness i dont see him changing his mind if i go round there and say about insurance etc..

i already said to him about using insurance companies and that its not worth it, but of course he is saying "im not going to pay for something i didnt do"

what makes people deny something like this if they were seen :D

Guest chandler32

it's cos they're not human. just scum. blow his f@cking car up and say it wasn't you.

it's cos they're not human. just scum. blow his f@cking car up and say it wasn't you.
:D:cry::D

Im going to call my insurance company and see what they advise.... :?:

Ok

spoke to insurance comoany and they said get advice from police and call them back tommorow to speak to a claims advisor.

called police and he said that if there was a witness then they will take a statement from her and then go and see him and get a statement from him, and to tell him that i cannot claim from my insurance without reporting it to the police in which case he will then be prosecuted for leaving the scene of an accident, aswell as the damage, and even if the police dont prosecute him the insurance will pusue him and possibly sue him for costs etc...

so im going to go and see if the witness will give a statment, and then go and see him and tell him that in order for me to claim under my insurance i have to report it and if he still denys it then he will face prosecution and if he starts to intimidate and threaten me then will be done for that aswell.

Police said that even if he is violent i shouldnt let that intimidate me as he will get away with bullying people (which he prob does) and where will it end..

so im off, will let you know what happens..!!!

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!

My thread http://www.celica-club.co.uk/cgibin/phpbb2...pic.php?t=30793.

What you need to do is this, that was technically hit and run, sod the insurance firm, give him a choice, 6 points and a large fine or pay up. This happened to me and I got back what was owed, it takes the ferking piss when people do this, but if you have a witness then it is a hit and run.

RANT OVER :evil:

defo get the police in...itll be easier, if you wait around for him to eventually own up youve still got to get the money off him., get the cops in, get a quote, if he does pay for the damage without the insurance, take dosh, put towards your h/g . get dents done on the cheap at a later date. also, stick a pen in his eye and jiggle it side to side untill his eye pops out.

Sign in to follow this