Retro Tax Discs

Sherv

Maybe more for those of us with older Gens,but let's face it Celicas are all 'old' now...

I had a couple of people at meets ask me where I got my tax disc from,they're a genuine looking exact copy of the old discs we used to display.

You can choose the date to be displayed and also the location where the old Post Office stamp is. Mine for example,are dated for November 1987 as thats when my car was first registered ,with a Maidstone PO stamp. Just think they can be a nice retro touch for older cars. He'll replace them FOC if they sun-fade off etc. He's doing some more for me as my last one is faded now,great service and communication.Ordered my ones few years ago now.You dont just get the one either. 

http://www.poplargreg.co.uk/taxdiscs/taxdiscs2/ordering.htm

check it out if it's something that interests you.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, trophytr5 said:

You mean you haven't kept the originals???

Ha,I got the car in 2009.

13 hours ago, CheltGirl said:

There won't be many members who have had their car from new! Sounds like he gives you the first one from when the car was first registered. My car was already 4yrs old when I had it!

you specify yourself which date you want on the disc,so if your car was say registered in August 1993, he'll do one for 31:08:93 if you want. Can have any date you like . He'll print the car details on the disc (s) or you can write it in yourself. You get 3 discs i think

I had one of these done for the gen6 from a company on ebay, was very authentic looking and they would hand write bits in if needed, you can choose which post office stamp they do and everything 

I liked the Registering Office finder on his website, so you can check from your reg where it was first registered. For instance my reg ends in XPB, so the PB is the code for being first registered in Guildford - which I did not know.

IMG_20220121_150529.jpg

IMG_20220121_150549.jpg

Super quick delivery,pretty much next day!

Normally a disc would display end of month ,but I specified the 23rd as thats the exact date of registration of my car. 2 printed info,one handwritten and a blank.There's even the DVLA info on the reverse of each disc,the same as the originals would have had,and the cost on the front reflects the year of your choice.

Remember I ordered my first batch few years ago from him,I just sent him the last one that was faded out in an envelope with a first class stamp in it,and Greg has returned these FOC. Great service !

Included in the envelope is also a list of road fund costs for each year going back decades,just for info.He also said he is using much more fade resistant inks these days.

Edited by Sherv
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, CheltGirl said:

That is a fabulous document! It would appear that the driver is licenced to drive the car - rather than the car licenced to be on the road. :D

Yes, not a tax disc, but a driver's licence. 

I have his licences frm 1909 to 1913 and also his indenture as apprentice to a cycle-maker from 1903 (when he was 17).  He joined up in 1914 and went into the Machine Gun Corps (Heavy Section) which later became the Tank Corps. He was a mechanic and survived the war.  He ran a garage in Royston, Herts until the 1950's and was also the mechanic/driver for the local Fire Brigade.  Probably where I get my mechanical skills

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.