Lanoguard protection products

You have to ask what is the chemical basis of the product? Rusting is an electrochemical reaction which is now very well understood scientifically. Similarly, the electrochemical routes to stopping (or at least impeding rust) are well understood. The big paint companies (e.g. PPG) have research labs in different countries with lots of scientists working on this; when it comes to bridges, oil rigs, ships, rust is HUGE business. So, where do these Lanoguard products fit in to the scheme of things? "All that glitters, is not gold".

If you want a good rust treatment use this stuff.

But what is better is removing it in the first place. I have done both methods and all depends on what and where you are treating rust. If you can remove the part and put it in a solution then that's better.

Screenshot_20211019-190438_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Points taken , I do however think that it’s worth looking at their website to find out more about it, they seem to have been around for about 35 years. 
JCB, National Trust, Environment Agency etc seem to have been customers.

I would also recommended looking at YouTube videos to see it being applied. It just looks to me like a very good alternative to Waxoyl Dinitrol etc with the advantage that it seems to be much easier to apply. 
I’ve no axe to grind here, I just became aware of the product and thought others may be interested or may have used it and could pass on their experience of it. 

This looks to be what I would loosely group as an "underseal" type of product. That is to say, it is something along the lines of an oil or bitumen type goo that can can be put on top of paintwork and may offer some additional corrosion protection.

I've used such things in the past but not for a very long time (except for the insides of cavities). I tend to believe that if you have a really good paint system in place, they don't do much for you. They are all permeable to oxygen and water. In fact, I think they tend to conceal areas where rust is trying to make a come back, as it always will. So Waxoyl, Dinitrol and stuff like this generally don't interest me.

Edited by bazz54

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.