Air Con Condenser rad for Gen 7 needed

just a quick comment ref these sanitiser's /aircon bombs . . . . If you have nice leather seats it's worthwhile covering them over, whilst the contents are discharged, with an old sheet/blanket or similar as the contents (mainly from the less well known brands) can put a white stain on your nice black leather.

How old is the cabin filter ? Old school temporary fix is to spray something like "febreeze" on the cabin filter . . . worth a go

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maizey said:

How old is the cabin filter ? Old school temporary fix is to spray something like "febreeze" on the cabin filter . . . worth a go

Thanks for the tip to cover the seats over. Mine are red leather and i still treasure them.

I like the plan of nuking the car with a cloud of bug killer. 

Cabin filter replaced in November 2018, and which would be less than 10k miles ago.

The one it replaced was absolutely disgusting - probably the original  :lol:

Easy enough job to visually re-check the cabin filter, may change it again they don't cost a lot.

ZXDx7Mj.jpg

photo from 2018

5 minutes ago, maizey said:

you certainly got your monies worth out of that one

The previous owner got the monies worth, was left to me to buy a new one, but that's often the way it goes.

Easy to check it again, the 'new' one is nearly 4 years old so will be interesting to examine it.

Although it maybe remaining filth in other (difficult to reach) parts of the air ducting (?)

If the aircon bomb isn't effective think you may be down to trying one of those Ozone (O3) generators, they usually kill all nasties and remove odours in the vehicle, just a matter of whether you are OK with the smell they make.

The large commercial units can effectively treat even flood damaged vehicles and there are some 12volt portable offerings on Amazon, however, I have never had cause to use one so mo idea if/how effective these things are.

Ordered a can of Holts LOYTEC1 Air Car sanitiser via Amazon late last night;

it was delivered here 3 PM this afternoon,

4 PM the operation went ahead successfully as planed.

The empty can and packaging now in the recycle bins.

Will update later on the result :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, slybunda said:

Looking for condenser for mine, seen a nissens one for 70 quid but not sure if that brand is good.

Nissens is a good brand but beware - most of the cheap ones are for LHD models. The RHD ones are double the price unfortunately.

part number for the RHD one is 940710

1 hour ago, slybunda said:

seen a nissens one for 70 quid but not sure if that brand is good.

Was recommended Nissens by my mechanic, and can't fault the one i have, does the job.

However i paid £96.64 for one in July 2021, the same dealer (via eBay) is now charging £142.82 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303480494346

5 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Lady said:

Was recommended Nissens by my mechanic, and can't fault the one i have, does the job.

However i paid £96.64 for one in July 2021, the same dealer (via eBay) is now charging £142.82 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303480494346

Thats the same seller I bought mine from too. Just waiting on delivery at the moment.

2 hours ago, slybunda said:

Will left hand drive condenser fit a right hand drive car? Cant be much if anything in it?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124959805421

Price is far cheaper

Nope - piping is reversed on an LHD. Look through the grille on your car and you will see where the refrigerant lines connect is different.

Edited by KeithL

Update on the car sanitiser:

First time i've been out in the car since the sanitisation on Wednesday, and regret to report the smelly sock smell is still guffing out of the vents, although it smells like a partially sanitised and flowery sweaty sock smell now 

Whatever is causing the nasty niff obviously hasn't been dealt with yet, perhaps an invasion of a microscopic alien lifeform that don't wash their socks (?) this maybe a job for Professor Quatermass. 

If its that smell if dampness check to make sure the drain hole on the bulkhead for the evaporator is not blocked. Iv seen many cars that when they have ac turned on the condensation water drains out the bottom but if drain hole is blocked then you get that dampness smell

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.