E10 Petrol september 2021!!!

On 28/06/2021 at 12:02, Akuma77 said:

tell me about it mate ive been paying £1.51.9 a litre for vpower at our local shell but after a full tank i have been finding it seems to last a bit longer than the ultimate bp ...in fact i was going with bp and paying £1.30ish but then noticed i wanted to go back on vpower and our 3.2v6 quattro goes on the shell 95 fuelsave and seems to run better on that ...

I agree here baz I went on a Road trip up to Dundee for some rare parts for my starlet in the celica 140 and put v power in for a change and got 40 more miles on the tank  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just my 10p worth, as seeing the same chat on the mx5 forum. e10 was brought out in Japan in 1998, so I think it's safe to assume, any jap built car from 1998 on will be perfectly grand! Saying that, I've noticed that my 2004 svt mx5 defintely gets more to the gallon on the e5 super, than the new e10 95 octane!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, madcat said:

Just my 10p worth, as seeing the same chat on the mx5 forum. e10 was brought out in Japan in 1998, so I think it's safe to assume, any jap built car from 1998 on will be perfectly grand! Saying that, I've noticed that my 2004 svt mx5 defintely gets more to the gallon on the e5 super, than the new e10 95 octane!

That would line up with the advice that gen 6 celicas built from 1998 onwards are ok, would make sense. Interesting as couldn't figure out what changed on the celica in 1998 otherwise 

• 9 months later...

I've only used e10 in the rev (98 but same engine as Celica, same fuel lines, etc) zero issues

On 28/06/2021 at 12:02, Akuma77 said:

tell me about it mate ive been paying £1.51.9 a litre for vpower at our local shell but after a full tank i have been finding it seems to last a bit longer than the ultimate bp ...in fact i was going with bp and paying £1.30ish but then noticed i wanted to go back on vpower and our 3.2v6 quattro goes on the shell 95 fuelsave and seems to run better on that ...

that's cheap :lol::lol: 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Guys with regards to the new e10 petrol, I was having trouble with my petrol rotorvator, I just couldn't get it to run.

Took it to my local garden machinery place and he managed to run and set it up.

He was saying use the petrol with lowest ratio of ethanol possible as it had rotted the rubber grommets from the petrol tank he says it also degrades plastic pipes ( makes them brittle) and worst of all it attracts water which is not good for any engine.

He suggested any petrol engine that is standing for 6 months or more to add stabiliser to the petrol tank.

Could it rot the rubber O rings around injectors ?

I've certainly heard that E10 goes stale faster.

Water in small quantities isn't harmful other than causing local corrosion if it's stood - some of the GT4 guys fit water injection when running high boost to keep things cooler and reduce detonation.

From my experience garden machinary isn't made to the same standard as cars unless buying top quality professional stuff. Cars have much more legislation governing things like fuel compatibility, garden machinary it's just market forces. If a £150 mower goes wrong after 3 years people just shrug their shoulders and buy another. It's very different with a £15K car.

With garden stuff like lawnmower or pressure washer that runs on petrol its always a good idea to fit an inline fuel filter. I will be changing out the fuel lines on my pressure washer and lawn mower to teflon ones since its only small runs so cost like a fiver to do and will last a lifetime.

Can also get teflon hoses for car too

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.