Electric Celica

tree

Difficult to see why Toyota would spend a small fortune developing a Celica when they already have two versions of the Supra, the GR86 in the wings, and all this at a time when coupes are a dying breed :shrug:

On 16/05/2021 at 08:24, Kev 16v said:

Difficult to see why Toyota would spend a small fortune developing a Celica 

because it is the greatest vehicle ever produced and future generations need to experience its true majesty?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ESTHAR_CITY said:

Same for the 86 and the Supra

I just find it hard to see the 86 as anything but already a gen8 celica... I get that it's meant to be after the old ae86... But... It just seems soooo much like how a gen8 celica should have been... OK, the engine is questionable but it is what it is. Just disappointed the gr86 isn't turbo'd. Such a small ask for a car nowadays given soooo many have them, I guess they're concerned it could be close to stepping on the Supra's toes... 

• Like 1

On 09/06/2021 at 21:30, Fuppylodders said:

I just find it hard to see the 86 as anything but already a gen8 celica... I get that it's meant to be after the old ae86... But... It just seems soooo much like how a gen8 celica should have been... OK, the engine is questionable but it is what it is. Just disappointed the gr86 isn't turbo'd. Such a small ask for a car nowadays given soooo many have them, I guess they're concerned it could be close to stepping on the Supra's toes... 

Might also be to do with average emissions across there range, they need the smaller cars to balance out the bigger ones to meet targets. There are some bolt on supercharger conversions available.

On 15/05/2021 at 17:45, slybunda said:

Looks nice but dont like battery long term reliability

Battery reliability is a non-issue. Take Tesla's batteries for example, after 150k miles they lost less than 10% of total range.

screen-shot-2018-04-14-at-2-54-02-pm.jpg?quality=82&strip=all&w=1000

Toyota is most likely going to use similar batteries to Tesla in future electric vehicles, if not Tesla batteries (Apparently Toyota and Tesla are working together).

Shouldn't be a problem.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.