Castle Combe Lap Times.

Many of you know that my St205 has just been at Castle Combe for Fifth Gear filming for a feature on the new Toyota Yaris GR4. Jason Plato drove both cars for quite a few laps of the circuit throughout the day and then went for a timed lap. He managed 1min 25secs in the Celica and 1min 17secs in the Yaris. The Celica is standard and wasn't on good rubber like the Yaris but this is evolution and I expected it. We have a few members with circuit prepared Celicas. If any have driven at Castle Combe, what lap times would you be happy with? 

combe1s.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you so much for representing this awesome club!

My best round combe was 1 min 35.054sec july 11th 2019. This was in a gen 7 190 na. Just the usual exhaust and panel filter and it was my first and only track day so far.

@taylorad89 when his gen7 was supercharged was getting 1min 19s approx and that was pushing it hard. 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, arizona said:

I got as far as the start and then got shown the door by the noise testers, he had no words just showed me the machine and shook his head :blink:

The engine was running, you wouldn't have heard him :D

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.