Oz crono wheels - repair, sell or bin ?

digs

Hi, I’ve got some oz crono 16” wheels, celica fitment. They are a very nice design, but at least two are not properly round anymore ....

I’m not sure what to do - see if they can be made (a round) hole again, sell them to someone to see if they want to, or just bin them as damaged - check out the straight lines :) 

the worst one is this one - don’t really know if these things can be fixed or should be scrapped - and if they could what they would sell for needing to be fixed.

i bought them ages ago with tyres, which I took off and already had my monies worth out, so have no financial stake anymore with them.

B7B5E60F-49AB-464A-91E0-09C3D29E53C8.jpeg

F969560A-2947-4296-80CC-E87577DAABD9.jpeg

19 minutes ago, paulgtt said:

I sold a set of these many many years ago for 400 with no tyres.

Id stick them on eBay as they are personally.

Thanks - just been taking a look, 2 actually look pretty good, two not round, the above being worse. Might be worth it then 

They look round-ish to me?

Aluminum alloy has a crystalline inner structure at the molecular level. When the alloy is bent, this crystalline structure can be broken up, negating the strength of the metal at that point. The alloy must be heat-treated, or annealed, to make it strong again.

https://www.liveabout.com/wheel-straightening-3234509

• Thanks 1

If you are looking to get sell them, I can see two trains of thought:

1. Sell with the very clear disclaimer that they need some work and may not be safe as is, or;
  2. For safety's sake, fix them knowing it will most likely not be very profitable.

In the latter case, you might get more money in total by scrapping them. :shrug: Dunno, get a quote.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/07/2020 at 22:13, digs said:

What I was thinking - def if selling would be super clear. Worth an ask like you say :) 

Sent you a whatsapp, I've always wanted a set of these and have a decent wheel place in the town here :-)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.