Why do Celica owners BS power outputs?

31 minutes ago, ams said:

I was thinking the same mate

There are dyno's out there, that are intentionally generous because it does bring in the young lads,

we used to see some of them on here years ago making 150 on a vvti with an exhaust and K+N

Trouble is, some of these guys n girls sink a lot of money into their cars thinking it will do this that and the other power wise. Its so hard to keep repeating the same things. 

I find that <£1k, 15 year old turbo diesel owners that are always changing car are the worst for talking BS about how their VW or Skoda is Stage 2.5 remapped with an Orangutan ECU and popcorn launch control kit off ebay

• Like 1

What's worse is when people put a Celica up for sale claiming BS power figures. They have no proof either it seems. Then somebody just takes their word for it and buys it.

TBH the best measure of power or to gauge how fast a car is, is via the race track. Either circuit or drag - both will paint the best picture. In terms of just outright power, trap speed at the drag strip will not lie. Besides....clap clap if somebody has a powerful dyno sheet, but if they can't translate that into a good time or trap speed, then it's irrelevant. I'm willing to bet that there are barely any Celica's here that can hit an E.T. in the 13's, let alone trap more than 102mph, let alone have a meaningful dyno that could suggest it even on paper.

What I'm getting at, is who cares - just ignore those who want to live in their little bubble and create a false following. If others want to believe them, then cool, let them. If you know better and can do better, then show them how it's done instead.

• Like 1

Facebook has some hillarious comments about Celicas,  Especially from our friends 'across the pond'

One guy recently wanted a brake upgrade for his ST as he wants to get sub 12sec runs on a 1/4 mile strip. The car is a standard USDM 1.8 ST 7A-FE engine:lol:

On his profile he says he plays alot of computer games...... Says it all really.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 16/05/2020 at 18:02, slybunda said:

a lot of blaggers out there. got to keep your eyes on them. i think i know who your on about that was claiming 270bhp na on the 190 engine on facebook. no dyno printout to prove it.

Indeed, my fear is, that people get taken in by all this nonsense, and before you know it, they are well out of pocket and out of love with a great car.

• Like 1

Just had a very nice chap pull up outside my work in his BMW 3 series today. I made a comment on his nice new ride and he went on to tell me that he had it uprated from 155bhp to 450bhp. Naturally I asked what he had done to achieve this to which he replied he had fitted an induction kit........ 

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.