Wax oil underside

Flash

I’ve asked about the moisture thing...

Reply:

”We use heat lamps to dry car thoroughly before and during the processes, this way we can do them all year round”

Seems legit and very professional to be fair. 

Hope it goes well.

It is really easy to under estimate the labour required to blast all the rust and dirt etc off before covering the underside.

If I was you, I would do it differently if you plan on keeping the car, but that is me.

I would get some spare suspension parts, get them blasted and painted etc, then get a garage to drop the old stuff, get as much of the kit refurbished, and while the underside is stripped, then get it blasted and treated.

Then re fit etc

9 minutes ago, alwayzsidewayz said:

Hope it goes well.

It is really easy to under estimate the labour required to blast all the rust and dirt etc off before covering the underside.

If I was you, I would do it differently if you plan on keeping the car, but that is me.

I would get some spare suspension parts, get them blasted and painted etc, then get a garage to drop the old stuff, get as much of the kit refurbished, and while the underside is stripped, then get it blasted and treated.

Then re fit etc

Well....... we are sort of on the same page here I think :D

I’m trying to source all the suspension bits before then and will ask them their best price to fit the new...

Hoping for a discount!!!! :popcorn2:

• Like 1

Nice one, and if you are doing that, you may as well drop the tank and treat that.

Replace all the rubber / bushes in the suspension. New shocks & springs etc maybe

New fixings, as many as you can see are crusty

re paint all the brackets etc

May as well re do the brakes too, so they match everything

And boom, its all sorted. :-) easy as that.

Then its all about the topside and looking after that

In your car, you have a number of suspension bushes.

These are in the following parts:

Front wishbones, You will have two IIRC

Then in the rear suspension, you have a hub, arm and wishbone on each side that again feature bushes.

A cars suspension is not just shocks and springs. 

Have a look here to understand what I mean

https://parts.olathetoyota.com/auto-parts/2000/toyota/celica/gts-trim/1-8l-l4-gas-engine/rear-suspension-cat/rear-suspension-scat

https://parts.olathetoyota.com/auto-parts/2000/toyota/celica/gts-trim/1-8l-l4-gas-engine/front-suspension-cat/suspension-components-scat

It is far more involved than just springs and shocks you see. 

Hope that helps you

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.