Drive way issue

Flash

So when I went to reverse the car in the garage last night the front end scraped the floor as she’s quite low down and there’s a dip in the road (see pic below). It’s really minor mind so I’m hoping a cheap fix.

I was hoping to pop out today and pick something up to act like a ramp that I could put down and put away everytime I go to use the garage. 

Has anyone else had the same issue or does anyone recommend anything? I was thinking maybe some wood either side lining up to the tyres which I could drive over?

Appreciate any advice.

84E8F6FC-E2FB-441C-A1A4-ED3CFEEEE2A6.jpeg

So when I went to reverse the car in the garage last night the front end scraped the floor as she’s quite low down and there’s a dip in the road (see pic below). It’s really minor mind so I’m hoping a cheap fix.

I was hoping to pop out today and pick something up to act like a ramp that I could put down and put away everytime I go to use the garage. 

Has anyone else had the same issue or does anyone recommend anything? I was thinking maybe some wood either side lining up to the tyres which I could drive over?

Appreciate any advice.
84E8F6FC-E2FB-441C-A1A4-ED3CFEEEE2A6.thumb.jpeg.82df9af0288c570b60b98831d840cc04.jpeg
Grab some wood and cut the side so it's like an angle

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Wood didn’t work... drive over it and it snapped and the front bumper hit the road again :cry:

My only options I have are to raise the height a bit, so buy new springs and get them fitted or invest in something that actually works (but has to otherwise be a waste of money).

Heres some pics of my car and the ride height. Does anyone have any idea what size springs I need to get to raise the height? I’ve spoken to a garage and they weren’t sure. I don’t want to buy some springs and find out their the wrong type.

B4192180-4A8E-4EF2-92EA-4F14217C8575.jpeg

99CADC32-F23A-4B7D-AF32-59B48772B4B6.jpeg

6101B7E7-4F24-40A5-9999-2C4DB39A5C4A.jpeg

• Sad 1

Could just get a really small bag of cement from B&Q for about a fiver and get a cheapo trowel.knock up a small bit of muck and just smooth it between the road and the kerb.Dont need a large amount,just enough to to take the height factor out a bit.If you do it neat enough and apply it just before it gets dark and when the forecast is dry,you wont attract any attention from busybodies and unlikely the council will be bothered either,if you only use enough for what you need.Simple enough to do,you wont affect the flow of rain to that drain or anything if you keep it nice and flush .Much better than buggering about with bits of wood.

Edited by Sherv
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.