Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

meirion

Anyone doing the Toyota Parallel Pomeroy?

Question

I sent my application off yesterday. Hopefully I will get accepted for the 15th Feb at Silverstone. Looks like a bit of a fun day with all things Toyota.

• Like 1

15 answers to this question

That looks like a NO then  :lol::lol:   :hysterical:

had to look it up ! wouldnt be able to make it but looks really fun!

• Like 1

I saw this advertised on FB, it does look good. Something I would possibly go to if it wasn't in winter. Seems a bit odd to hold it in February, when most classic cars are sorned :shrug: 

5 hours ago, Alistair_GT said:

I saw this advertised on FB, it does look good. Something I would possibly go to if it wasn't in winter. Seems a bit odd to hold it in February, when most classic cars are sorned :shrug: 

Not just aimed at "classic" Alistair. I don't SORN mine, just try to avoid driving her when the roads have been salted recently. I'm willing to risk this because it looks a bit of fun and February is boring.

On 06/01/2020 at 18:50, meirion said:

Not just aimed at "classic" Alistair. I don't SORN mine, just try to avoid driving her when the roads have been salted recently. I'm willing to risk this because it looks a bit of fun and February is boring.

I was going to post about this in Meetings. We had a good chat to the Toyota press guys about the event when we were at the Classic Car show NEC. Malcolm (1600GT Celica) did it last year and said it was good. I did copy some info about it, not sure whether to add to this thread or start a new thread where more people might see it?

3 minutes ago, CheltGirl said:

I was going to post about this in Meetings. We had a good chat to the Toyota press guys about the event when we were at the Classic Car show NEC. Malcolm (1600GT Celica) did it last year and said it was good. I did copy some info about it, not sure whether to add to this thread or start a new thread where more people might see it?

Whatever you think best CheltGirl. Anyone interested needs to get into gear quickly because there's only five weeks to go before the day and only three weeks left to enter by post (3rd Feb closing date). Apparently there's only 60 places and Toyota UK choose the successful entrants from the final applicants on the basis of "diversity of models and years".

Bearing in mind your comments above, maybe be best to leave thread here - as not everyone who may sign up will necessarily get a place, if they choose who can attend from the applicants. I will add some extra info here for people to think about.

The Toyota Parallel Pomeroy Trophy

Saturday 15 February 2020, 9.30am – 4pm

What is the Toyota Parallel Pomeroy Trophy?

The event’s mission to determine Britain’s best Toyota via a series of autotest-style driving tests, with Toyotas of all types and from all eras pitted against each other using a unique series of calculations to ensure all are judged equally.

It’s also a social gathering for Toyota enthusiasts and an opportunity to swap stories with like-minded owners. The only strict requirement is that any car entering the competition must be a) road legal and b) a Toyota.

The sheer breadth and variety of cars participating in The Pom make it an event like no other, and we would love to see a similarly broad representation from the Toyota community. There’s no limit on vehicle age, nor is it specific to a select few models.

It’s worth emphasising that the competition isn’t about raw speed and power. Far from it; the 2019 Toyota Parallel Pomeroy Trophy was won by an iQ, followed by a Celica GT-Four and Yaris GRMN.

Info   https://blog.toyota.co.uk/2020-toyota-parallel-pomeroy-trophy

Registration link  https://www.vsccmembers.co.uk/vsccMedia/26766.pdf

The entry fee is £30 and proceeds will go to Toyota GB’s chosen charity, Guide Dogs for the Blind.

• Like 1

I seen it on FB and posted on it and they said they love to see a vert there, I need to get a large service done but I'm game to do it 

As mine is going to NEC in march premier inn nite before 

21 hours ago, Nicola67 said:

I seen it on FB and posted on it and they said they love to see a vert there, I need to get a large service done but I'm game to do it 

As mine is going to NEC in march premier inn nite before 

We're going for a wild weekend in Towcester whether I'm accepted or not. I can spectate on the Saturday if necessary but got two nights booked at the local Travelodge for £44 total   :wtf:

• Like 1

Looking this up it doesnt seem to be a track event. So what do they look at if not laptimes?

38 minutes ago, slybunda said:

Looking this up it doesnt seem to be a track event. So what do they look at if not laptimes?

Click the link and download the application form.

My application was successful I've been informed so I'll be there  :thumbs:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Follow @celicaclubuk
All pages © celica-club 2001 - 2020 (Unless otherwise stated). No pictures can be used without our consent. Terms of use | Privacy policy