Heater core

shaungt4

Guys i may have to replace the heater core in my 2001 190 vvt-i . I have a leak and the carpet is wet more than likely the core but may be a hose but doubtful . So my question is does the dash have to come out on the gen 7 to replace it like it does on earlier models . Had to take it out on my gen 5 when i replaced that one.

Edited by shaungt4

if you buy a new matrix then you can do it without removing the dash as it will come with new clips 

A used one - if you open the clips you wont get them back on - so I supply them with the pipes as well. to fit it complete - to fit that the dash needs to come out. A lot of people chops the pipes half way on the old and new and join with rubber hose so that you dont have to get the dash out. 

I have one good matrix left if you do want to get a used one. 

On 10/12/2019 at 11:47, ams said:

if you buy a new matrix then you can do it without removing the dash as it will come with new clips 

A used one - if you open the clips you wont get them back on - so I supply them with the pipes as well. to fit it complete - to fit that the dash needs to come out. A lot of people chops the pipes half way on the old and new and join with rubber hose so that you dont have to get the dash out. 

I have one good matrix left if you do want to get a used one. 

Can you pm me a price with delivery please Ams. Chopping the pipes off and rejoining whit hose is a good idea. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ambermile
On 24/12/2019 at 21:42, commandosqueak said:

taking the dash out isnt a hard job its just time and space consuming. If I was in your shoes I would just take the dash out. makes life simple.

:brickwall:  I call bullshit here - Have you ever actually taken a gen 7 dashboard out? 

Edited by Ambermile

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.