Rattling heat shield for mot pass/fail?

Thanks for the advice guys,  yeah I got free mot vouchers with a purchase at Halfords last year that are due to runout, it actually passed with just a couple of advisories last time to my amazement but just a bit more worried they've got me over a barrel this time, but I suppose that's generally the issue now.

But actually xanadu come to think of it that's a good point now, there is a council place just round the corner I've used in the past, but I wonder how it works now with them when your now not supposed to be able to drive a car away with a 'dangerous' defect even if there's test remaining when they don't do repairs, any recent experience on this one?

20 hours ago, Xanadu said:

Try and find a dedicated MoT centre - one that doesn't do repairs and servicing etc - you'll get a fairer test.

Edited by budgetbondbile

Common sense on this one. Do a pre check on your car. Wipers washer fluid all lights etc brake pads and most of all tyres. The amount of fools iv seen go for mot with bald tyres with cords coming out is mad.

If the basics are in check then less chance of getting a dangerous flag.

On 16/09/2019 at 22:05, Cleario said:

If it’s insecure or likely to become disattachted it’ll fail. If it’s still fitted but just rattling it’ll pass. If it’s removed it’ll pass as long as it’s not a heat shield on a fuel tank. 

ye i recently had to add a few more bigger washers and nuts on mine as mine came lose i think i had to cable tie one end while all front ones and one rear back one are holding it better 

i also have my MOT next month so a pair of rear droplinks i should be ok (hopefully) 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.