Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
meirion

No Celicas anywhere!!!!

Question

Washed the Celica this morning and then we went out for a nice drive along the A5 into Snowdonia. Did just over 100 miles and not a single Celica spotted. I did get a couple of thumbs up from non-Celica drivers though  :wub:

I'm up to nearly 600 miles of driving without spotting a single other Celica of any Gen. Where are they all?

12 answers to this question

I see them every single day here where I am, there is at least 10 I see in my town daily, not including on the way to work I would see a few silver ones and the odd red one flying up the carriageway. 

Aaaaah, they're all across the Irish Sea. Holyhead ferry must be full of the buggers!!!!!!!!

I don't see many gen 6s at all. I see the odd gen 5 still and a fair few ratty gen7s

12 minutes ago, 99GT said:

I don't see many gen 6s at all. I see the odd gen 5 still and a fair few ratty gen7s

The last Gen6 I saw on the road was over twelve months ago, a silver ST202. I've seen a couple of Gen7 but that's about it. I must be living in a fairly Celica poor area. I've seen more on the Greek Islands than over here  :o

I followed a thunder grey Gen 7 T-Sport home from a drive earlier today. Full TRD kit too. 

They are definitely still about, did a family outing down to the south coast, not in the celica but the kids are experts in celica spotting, found five in a few hundred miles. I think the worst one we did was over 2000 miles driving to and all around Scotland and back over two weeks and didn’t see one. Luckily there are quite a few where I live, so always seeing a few about daily 

Flied a Gen 5 vert in Morrisons Bridlington 30th Aug ..

and today saw a Silver Gen 6 at Bainton whilst returning from show ... flashed and waved, and lady passenger waved back, big grin on face :)

Made my day ... really rare for me to see 5s & 6s on my roads (other than ours) so I kind of get a bit excited when I spot one :greenjumpers:

Edited by The Blue Meenie
  • Like 1

Saw a black T-Sport today while out walking the dog in town and a mint and I mean MINT white GT4 with all the trimmings drove by us, it sounded unreal. Looked like a father/son team up, they were just out cruising nicely with it, but you can see that thing had been rebuilt from the ground up, so clean you could eat your Sunday Roast off it. 

I see a green G7 always parked beside the local chippy down town on the way to work every day, then the other local ones I see around the area each day either in traffic or parked up. So I see about 10 each day, same ones of course, always catch a nice red one near the wife's work, always in the other lane around the same time as i head to work, its nice and clean, few silver ones in the next town near my work and blue one parked at the Gym my sis goes to each day. She tells me about it all the time, its a blue T-Sport. 

I was near Sunny Scunthorpe Lincs last weekend and i saw a beautiful dark blue gen 6 flash past me. Never seen pne that colour before. Yesterday going through York i passed a lovely black gen 6 like mine. I get jelous now knowing mine is on ramps.

Somebody has a Thunder Grey GT down the road from me. Saw another one in Newark over a month ago. Also saw a red Gen 7 in Mansfield yesterday. 

Near where I work There are two Celicas i see regularly. One 05 blue edition parked near DHL warehouse and another parked in mothewell way industrial estates (havent seen the reg). Seen an orange gen 7 with tribal vinyls on few times and once a white gen6 GT-4 drove behind me going into tesco (turned to petrol station while i have gone into parking).

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Follow @celicaclubuk
All pages © celica-club 2001 - 2019 (Unless otherwise stated). No pictures can be used without our consent. Terms of use | Privacy policy