Cavity wax in doors?

slybunda

I've just squirted stuff in thro the drain holes on the older ones they can rust but like under the sill covers sometimes it helps to drill one of the holes a bit bigger to get the applicators in u can take the doorcards off but can be a bit of a pain to get back on there mite be an easier way tho e.g. removing the handle/screw holes? but I haven't tried that

How are you getting on with the waxing sly?

I pullout out the door kicks and sprayed into the holes there - loads of wax dripped out onto the drive.  

Whats the difference between doing that and the skirts- are they connected or completely different

Edited by tree

14 hours ago, tree said:

How are you getting on with the waxing sly?

I pullout out the door kicks and sprayed into the holes there - loads of wax dripped out onto the drive.  

Whats the difference between doing that and the skirts- are they connected or completely different

The wax does the insides of the sill. Taking the skirts off allows you to do the outside of the sill.

I havent waxed the passenger side yet.

Today i done the entire bottom wnd again using the compressor sprayer and upol gravitex. Took the arch liners off too and even sorted out the fuel filler pipe. Will get photos up on the other thread later today or tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tree said:

Right I'm coming to yours to get mine done

that may be a possibility, the garage i used allowed me ramp time since they had only 2 cars in for restoration and one old volvo for headgasket job, now hes got an old porsche to restore i wont be able to get ramp time in. obviously i had to provide the food for everyone.

the garage is based in southam which is near stratford upon avon and im sure he will take more work on once a ramp is free again.

google maps:

https://www.google.com/maps/@52.2903822,-1.3937616,3a,60y,269.65h,82.13t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sRSkPM11GknONcDBUh2WHBg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

i did a basic job but my cousin wasnt impressed. if he was doing it he said he would have removed the exhaust and all heat shields and sprayed under everything.

Edited by slybunda

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.