Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
cpfc1234

catalytic converter and lambda sensors

Question

Hi all,

I wondered if anyone can help me...again! My 96 Celica GT project came with a straight through powerflow exhaust system with no catalytic converter or lambda sensors. 

I'm going to buy a new catalytic converter, I wondered if anyone can help me with the placement and fitting of the lambda sensors, where do they go and how many do are fitted? Looks like theres room for two?

Also does anyone know where I can get sensibly priced sensors? 

Many thanks again in adnvace for your advice!

6 answers to this question

One pre car and one post cat. They are different sensors if I remember correctly. Only get denso sensors. Don’t ever get cheat ones or universal. Save the money of having to keep changing them and get the decent sensor to begin with.

Google / search is your friend! BTW I just realised you have a gen 6. I thought you were refering to a gen 7. Thats my fault for not reading it properly. You would probably got a better answer if you posted in the gen 6 section.

Lambda sensor off a UK spec 1996 GT 3S-GE which I am breaking. This sensor screws into the downpipe  under the car forward of the cat about in line with the bulkhead & Front subframe. 

Some lambda sensors (I think for the JDM Imports) have a flange with 2 bolt holes. I have seen some which bolt /screw in to the headers but I think this is mainly on the 3S-FE engine. 

20190731_191521.jpg

20190731_191531.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Follow @celicaclubuk
All pages © celica-club 2001 - 2019 (Unless otherwise stated). No pictures can be used without our consent. Terms of use | Privacy policy