Power steering change idea

Rehs

So I'm looking at doing my ps fluid soon.

I remember reading a comment a while back from someone that had done it before by attaching 2 extension pipes to the pipes that go into the reservoir, but can not find the post anywhere.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about can you lead me in the right direction please.

Remove both pipes that go into the ps reservoir. The return line pipe i put extension on it to a bucket and a funnel on the lower pipe. Jacked up car and turned steering side to side and the fluid comes out from the return line. Keep putting in new fluid into the funnel and turning steering till it comes out clean.

8 hours ago, slybunda said:

The return line pipe i put extension on it to a bucket.

What size piping and stuff did you use for the extension? 

Thanks for helping out.

The return line hose has internal diameter of 10mm. I used one of those brass hose joiner things and some clear tubing from b&q

The return line hose has internal diameter of 10mm. I used one of those brass hose joiner things and some clear tubing from b&q

It looks like this:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/outlet-hose-connector-17mm/37103?tc=IA2&ds_kid=92700020969989646&gclsrc=aw.ds&ds_rl=1241687&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1249404&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9pDpBRCkARIsAOzRziuSYTcSGZ44LPL6YRixcvlIo3nEbKQI46FIQrYK0nKNwhsM9zdKRxwaAgAsEALw_wcB

But i found brass one with outside diameter of 10mm

• Like 2

1 hour ago, slybunda said:

It looks like this:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/outlet-hose-connector-17mm/37103?tc=IA2&ds_kid=92700020969989646&gclsrc=aw.ds&ds_rl=1241687&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1249404&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9pDpBRCkARIsAOzRziuSYTcSGZ44LPL6YRixcvlIo3nEbKQI46FIQrYK0nKNwhsM9zdKRxwaAgAsEALw_wcB

But i found brass one with outside diameter of 10mm

Thanks bud Thats really useful. My PS fluid looks like gunk so being chanced on the next service.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.