Air Con

Rehs

So I recently did a full recharge on my a/c and the machine detected no leaks hence why it let me refill the system. After this the AC worked amazing. It worked a week ago but after trying it today it no longer blows cold cold. 

I checked the AC pipes and the high pressure side is getting super hot which tells me there is gas and enough pressure for the pump to engage. 

On the other side of the compressor and the other side of the condensor the pipes are all just normal tempreture. Not hot or cold. 

Does anyone have any clue as to what this could be? 

If the problem yours has is anything like my A/C problem, then it could be an old bashed up and leaking condenser that seen better days.

They sit right in-front of the cooling system radiator where they can get knocked about by stones and debris from under the spoiler.

I'm not positively sure this is the [only] problem on mine, but last year i had mine re-gassed [ and all done properly ] but only to find the A/C lasted a nice couple of months but then didn't. The compressor seems to work fine but the coolant is leaking out somewhere.

I'm willing to gamble it's the condenser on mine and will soon be changing it for a new one.

One problem with the way the machines test for leaks is to put the system under vacuum, isolate it and see if it looses the vacuum. But when it's actually in operation, the system is at quite high positive pressure. Therefore, some people including me think that the vac leak test is not convincing.

At the moment I am replacing the condenser on the family saloon. I'm now at the stage where I'm trying to convince myself that I've got the right rubber O rings for the re-build. I will definitely be testing it by pressurising it before I get it charged. That car is 21 years old and it's just getting to the point where finding spares is starting to get more difficult. What should I be buying for the Gen7? Already have the rear sub-frame:).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.