Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
Master flex

Handbrake light.

Question

I had just been dishing out some lift in 4th, settled things down and noticed the handbrake warning light now comes on under slight heavy acceleration. When you let off the accelerator, the light disappears. 

I tried 2nd / 3rd gear booting it rolling from 25mph and the handbrake light came on.

4th gear and acceleration wasn't enough to set it off.

I'm thinking loose connection somewhere; have others had this before ?

Edited by Master flex

6 answers to this question

I'll give it a check now. Checked it last weekend after i got back and haven't been out in since....

Same as before; touch on the minimum side but within tolerance, which could make sense.

Edited by Master flex

Top it up the level sensor puts the handbrake light on if its low

Mine did that years ago, I stopped on a hill and the handbrake light didn’t go out when I went to pull away. I found the caliper seal leaking on the rear.

It recently went in for new discs and pads on the front.

The calipers did sieze and had to be worked on so I'll start here first. Cheers for the info pal.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Follow @celicaclubuk
All pages © celica-club 2001 - 2019 (Unless otherwise stated). No pictures can be used without our consent. Terms of use | Privacy policy