Handbrake light.

I had just been dishing out some lift in 4th, settled things down and noticed the handbrake warning light now comes on under slight heavy acceleration. When you let off the accelerator, the light disappears. 

I tried 2nd / 3rd gear booting it rolling from 25mph and the handbrake light came on.

4th gear and acceleration wasn't enough to set it off.

I'm thinking loose connection somewhere; have others had this before ?

Edited by Master flex

• 1 month later...

For clarification; it was the rear passenger caliper. 

It did throw me as I checked fluids before I set off (it gets used on the weekend only) and all was well. 

Sat there pressing the pedal on my drive and it pissed; unfortunately my alloy is a mess; but new caliper and all's sorted. Thanks guys.

• Like 1

I used to get the handbrake light under acceleration. It was after I left the Celica sitting a few weeks the brakes had stuck on and I think I damaged the handbrake trying to free them up so ended up with a barely working handbrake. The garage had some issues but eventually got a new cable fitted and sorted it

Thanks chaps.  I don't seem to be having much luck with the alloys at the minute. I sub-consciously seem set of ruining them giving my last 100 miles driven!

Now you mention it Alex I think that was how I did my last Celicas calipers in. I got that fed up of it I pulled it about 5 metres whilst it was sticking... You know when you shouldn't do something but your anger takes over :doh:

I just need to paint it red now; squeak. To be honest it looks good in silver though. Maybe over time as the others fail it will all match up in about 6 months...

Edited by Master flex

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.