Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
Master flex

Subframe labour cost

Question

Does anyone know a decent garage and what would be an acceptable price for the labour of changing one of these damn awful things ?

This is also an open invitation to a enthusiast to earn a foreigner ;)

I have the subframe ordered. Just waiting for the bright yellow hammerite to arrive; just to make a point.

Typically I wouldn't be so fastidious but... rust and restoration work can be an art form; and hard to tell of its been a botched job for top £.

Based in Manchester but I'm open to travelling. I know Crazy used Lee Dent Autos (I remember this discussion on my last one) would be curious to know prices at least.

Thanks chaps and chapettes.

2 hours ago, Master flex said:

I appreciate that, crazy. I have gone for some hammerite on to metal aerosol for the finish.

Somehow have full confidence your paint job will be fine, Master Flex!  :lol:  

Got the subframe today (and filler neck) courtesy of Paul @ TCB performance :thumbs: 

Crazy, I will make it look fabulous, just for you :lol:

20190228_170244.jpg

Edited by Master flex

The subframe was circa £180 including VAT brand and was a genuine new Toyota one. This was a new rate negotiated by TCB for club members :thumbsup:.

The petrol filler neck was about £30-40 ish. (A second hand unit but pretty much new) current one is O.K but o have heard of these starting to go.

Overall it was £233 for the lot posted.

Boot carpet was a cheapie off eBay for £20 as I'm just not a fan of the grey.

Here she is, ready for next week:

20190304_082732.jpg

• Like 2

O.K... ready for this.

IMG-20190314-WA0027.jpg

IMG-20190314-WA0028.jpg

But the end result is fantastic. I hope you all like:

IMG-20190314-WA0022.jpg

IMG-20190314-WA0026.jpg

I owe a thanks to Ams for the camber arms which came up great in gold B). You saved potentially a lot of money with bushes.

Edited by Master flex
  • Like 4

I wish I could have done the rest in gold; but my wallet had to stand in. And it made sence to get it done whilst the subframe was removed.

Could always paint some tin foil :ninja:

something doesnt seem right with your exhaust. it seems to take a different path than mine does.

41 minutes ago, slybunda said:

something doesnt seem right with your exhaust. it seems to take a different path than mine does.

After market exhaust, it doesn’t have the larger silencer like the OEM back box. 

Aye. It was a full scorpion system but the rear section and silencer is in my garage. It used to run parallel with the subframe like the Toyota one.

Previous owner changed it as it was too quiet, which I have to agree. I like this, its loud initially on choke and has a deep bass to It. It does mellow down when warm but sounds simply lovely above 6200 rpm.

Being honest it will most likely need a new rear section soon from the clamp onwards; but will probably look towards another custom one, the sound is a big deal to me.

I don't use it during the week so don't have to worry about waking people up and being inconsiderate; which I am grateful for.

Edited by Master flex

On 23/03/2019 at 02:57, dingleweed said:

Well done for getting it switched just in the nick of time!

I was hoping to get it to its 17th birthday but...

The pot holes round here psychologically got the better of me.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Follow @celicaclubuk
All pages © celica-club 2001 - 2019 (Unless otherwise stated). No pictures can be used without our consent. Terms of use | Privacy policy