Subframe labour cost

Master flex

I appreciate that, crazy. I have gone for some hammerite on to metal aerosol for the finish.

If powder coating is still cracking; then I doubt much else will do a better. Hopefully it will be more controllable for the remainder of your ownership!

That looks very nice Sly. I'm starting to develop more of an interest in making it look nice underneath than the exterior body work :lol:

Wolfie... it has to be done haha. I recently discovered my mother in law had TF front and rear subframe done in yellow so I have had to change colour. Don't worry though, I have ordered gold and mirrors will still be required :thumbsup: 

Edited by Master flex
  • Like 2

The subframe was circa £180 including VAT brand and was a genuine new Toyota one. This was a new rate negotiated by TCB for club members :thumbsup:.

The petrol filler neck was about £30-40 ish. (A second hand unit but pretty much new) current one is O.K but o have heard of these starting to go.

Overall it was £233 for the lot posted.

Boot carpet was a cheapie off eBay for £20 as I'm just not a fan of the grey.

Here she is, ready for next week:

20190304_082732.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

O.K... ready for this.

IMG-20190314-WA0027.jpg

IMG-20190314-WA0028.jpg

But the end result is fantastic. I hope you all like:

IMG-20190314-WA0022.jpg

IMG-20190314-WA0026.jpg

I owe a thanks to Ams for the camber arms which came up great in gold B). You saved potentially a lot of money with bushes.

Edited by Master flex
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, slybunda said:

something doesnt seem right with your exhaust. it seems to take a different path than mine does.

After market exhaust, it doesn’t have the larger silencer like the OEM back box. 

Aye. It was a full scorpion system but the rear section and silencer is in my garage. It used to run parallel with the subframe like the Toyota one.

Previous owner changed it as it was too quiet, which I have to agree. I like this, its loud initially on choke and has a deep bass to It. It does mellow down when warm but sounds simply lovely above 6200 rpm.

Being honest it will most likely need a new rear section soon from the clamp onwards; but will probably look towards another custom one, the sound is a big deal to me.

I don't use it during the week so don't have to worry about waking people up and being inconsiderate; which I am grateful for.

Edited by Master flex

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.