Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
SpaceCowboys83

Thinking Of Enquiring About This One, Any Advice Please.

Question

Hi Folks,

Well I didnt get up to see that Gen 7 T-Sport,  just waiting on a new appointment to go view it, in the mean time Im still keeping an eye on whats out there, I cam across this in the cars for sale here on the site. Just wondering your opinion before I send the member a message to enquire about the car, I like to get all the facts first before making contact as I dont like taking up peoples time incase he/she is already dealing with a potential buyer, so I don't like getting in the way until I know for certain its the right car to make an enquiry about.

Any thoughts on this one?, it looks beautiful, price wise i don't know whether thats fair or too much or too little, I know nothing of this particular model so looking any advice at all. It would be a daily machine for me, even though i take really good care of my cars with mechanically keeping them tip top shape and also bodywork wise, they get looked after, proper safe washes, regular waxing, plus my neighbour runs his own professional detailing service so all my cars have been ceramic protected with either Gtechniq or Drexler which the MR2 is getting later this year. Im not hard on my cars either, I drive them well and do give them a good blow out, but Im never hard on them and always put a good grade of fuel in and use the best oil and genuine service parts etc. 

Just looking any input from you kind folk who know this gen, as I know very little on this gen model. 

Much appreciated.

Cheers. 

Edited by SpaceCowboys83

8 answers to this question

Other than the gearknob that looks really lovely.

Would want to have a good look underneath at that price and make sure its not burning oil badly, if its bad you should see it smoking

• Like 1

Cam belt replaced at 645000 miles.

That's some mileage.

It is very nice. I don't think it's worth anywhere near that price though.

As ams says, 1.8s like to burn oil, when really bad they smoke but they can still burn quite a bit with no visible smoke at all. Which means you wouldn't know about it until after buying.

I wouldn't entertain one myself. GTs aren't much dearer for a far, far better car. The 2.0 3sge is bombproof.

Looks good but it's still a 1.8

I assume he will be expecting offers.

Thing is, looks good but does a good respray and smart interior add value to a 1.8 celica? Up to the buyer

2 hours ago, Alistair_GT said:

It is very nice. I don't think it's worth anywhere near that price though.

As ams says, 1.8s like to burn oil, when really bad they smoke but they can still burn quite a bit with no visible smoke at all. Which means you wouldn't know about it until after buying.

I wouldn't entertain one myself. GTs aren't much dearer for a far, far better car. The 2.0 3sge is bombproof.

Thanks, Ive been reading up in the 1.8, burning oil def not an option for me, I need something robust engine wise if Im putting 250 - 280 miles a week on. So a 2.0 be ideal then, are good ones hard to find?.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Follow @celicaclubuk
All pages © celica-club 2001 - 2019 (Unless otherwise stated). No pictures can be used without our consent. Terms of use | Privacy policy