What is Moo worth?

splinter

Right then. As she is, she is a fully set up track car ready to go with a ton of mods and loads of custom work and top end stuff. 

Got a new project lined up and time has come to let it go. 

Spec as she sits now. 

ENGINE:

Toyota Sports - M edition 2ZZ-GE With Factory 6 Speed Manual Gearbox

HDSS ACT clutch

ECU: Apexi Power FC with Commander

Lotus Elise 2zz 440cc Injectors

AEM Wideband sensor with Centre Console Mounted Gauge

Pipercross Intake Filter to 90mm Q45 Throttle Body

DD-Performance Long Runner Intake Manifold

Lightweight Flywheel

PPE Racing Exhaust Header

Stainless stell mid pipe section with 200 CEL sports Cat

Veilside Titanium Teardrop Exhaust back box

Toyota Racing Developments (TRD) Short Throw Gear Shifter

Injen Billet Aluminium Spark Plug Cover

Monkey Wrench Racing under drive pulleys for the alternator and water pump

Polyurethane engine mount inserts

WHEELS AND CHASSIS:

Rota Grid Drift 18”wheels, 8.5J x 5x100 PCD x ET44 (front wheels)

Rota Grid Drift 18”wheels, 9.5J x 5x100 PCD x ET23 (rear wheels)

Yokohoma ADVAN Neova AD08R tyres. 235/40 rears, 225/40 fronts

Wheels on Freaky Parts Spacers 20mm Fronts.

Front brakes Brembo 324mm BBK with fast road pads

Rear Brakes EBC Turbo Grooved and Dimpled Brakes with Red Stuff Pads.

FCM Motorsports full chassis Polyurethane Bush kit

TEIN Driving Spec Control Master Type Flex Coilover Suspension with Electronic Damping Force Control unit (EDFC unit)

Whiteline anti roll bars front and rear

Megan Racing rear adjustable camber control arms

Toyota Racing Developments (TRD) Rear 3 point Strut Brace

RT-Performance C-One replica Front upper Strut Brace

BODYWORK:

Custom made front bumper using top half of celica bumper and lower half of an Evo 8 front bumper.

Evo 8 front bumper lip

Rays Customs front aero undertray with 4 stay bars.

Veilside Vented Front Wings

Custom made bonnet featuring two bonnet humps welded in from a gen 1 TA22 celica, and a carbon fiber Rays Customs C-One style bonnet vent

Bomex Side skirts

RT-Performance Carbon Fibre Tailgate

Ray Customs carbon fibre vortex generator

RT-Performance GT Wing with Carbon Fibre Wing Blade and End Plates

Toyota Racing Developments (TRD) Rear Valance

Genuine JDM Clear Rear Light Clusters

New headlights with inserts painted black and reflector fronts painted red for terminator look

Black twin strip paint work up the back and over the roof

INTERIOR:

Dash and front door cards black versions from facelift model.

TRD Sports M clocks with custom facia.

Sparco F200 drivers seat with slider rail, passenger F200 on fixed rail.

Harness bar with Takata 4 point Harness on drivers side.

TRD ball style gear stick handle.

All other interior trim removed.

if someone offers good money for her it's time to walk away. She is just too far from where I want to go with it so have a nice rear drive machine lined up, also from the Toyota range, something a bit rare, and with a nice tasty engine. 

IMG_20190113_163944.thumb.jpg.499ec04f62dd24d52892b3da94be276d.jpg

FB_IMG_1539730476647.thumb.jpg.2827ac11e41c98507314087f6f44e716.jpg

FB_IMG_1539730439944.thumb.jpg.a9548c746fe9813570a8562a1696622a.jpg

Edited by splinter

This may sound sad but I think you may struggle to sell her as she stands. It’s a track car only not many people would want to use her as a daily and genuinely think you would have more joy breaking and putting back to as close to standard as possible. I might be wrong though. I just struggle to see you selling as is to your average day to day buyers. 

Flogged all the bits over the years so no chance I can put her back to stock or even close. And I can't be arsed to strip it for parts. Just don't have the time or effort. 

If someone bid close to £7k as possible I'd let her go. 

Edited by splinter

I'm sure someone on here that can see how much work and money you have put into it or someone looking for a track car would pay a few grand for it if you give it some time. One of the nicest looking gen 7s I've seen and  sure to be a classic in the near future because there's nothing on the road that looks similar to it

Gen 7s values are enduring the undistinguished age of being too young to be classic, and too old to be hip :unsure:

An alternative strategy is not sell if a reasonable resale value ain't there.

Mothball Moo into barn storage somewhere safe, under a dust sheet with battery removed etc...

Revisit in a decade from now - Gen 7s will be far rarer, more interesting, desirable, and most probably far more valuable.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Crazy Cat Lady said:

Revisit in a decade from now - Gen 7s will be far rarer, more interesting, desirable, and most probably far more valuable.

but usually its the unmodified ones that fetch top money

Assuming you pay £500 a year for barn storage, still cant see you recouping the storage costs in 10 years. Gen4s can still be picked up for a few grand.

20 hours ago, ams said:

but usually its the unmodified ones that fetch top money

Assuming you pay £500 a year for barn storage, still cant see you recouping the storage costs in 10 years. Gen4s can still be picked up for a few grand.

Yes, i suppose owning ones own barn or safe indoor garage/warehouse is a requisite for free rent, and i agree this most probably not a resource many of us have.

But there must be loads of people who used to own a Gen 1 lift back and really wish they'd kept it...

Mind you if we all kept stuff for future investment potential the supply with eventually outstrip demand, so the value wouldn't rise...

and i am sceptical if the days of nostalgic value cars will be over with the impending  'electric' car future.

Maybe too many ecological legislation hurdles coming our way too.

It's plausible that no later day Gen Celica will every be worth the big bucks in 10 or 20 years time (?)

But you never know ;)

25 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Lady said:

Maybe too many ecological legislation hurdles coming our way too.

Yep - clean air zone coming to Birmingham centre next year - doesnt really go anywhere near far enough to have a significant affect on air quality and suspect they will have to widen the area to the whole of birmingham within a few years which will make most of my cars in storage and my dailies unusable. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.