Celica Club UK Messages

Website Upgrade info

Click here for more information.

Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
slybunda

Ceramic coating paintwork?

Question

Has anyone done the ceramic coating on the car? I seen diy youtube videos showing how its done. Wondering if anyone has done it and has some feedback. Like to know if it can help protect from stone chips on the motorway.

3 answers to this question

From what I know about ceramic coatings, they are often used to stop metals oxidising at high temperatures, e.g. turbine blades, but I'm not sure that thin coatings of ceramics would be very tough or impact-resistant. Could this actually be a polymer coating which contains ceramic particles for re-enforcement?

I have it on my car and didnt get all the polish off in a couple of places and had to mop the car quite heavily to get back to the polish so it does do something.

I also found that somebody hit the corner of my bumper and left white paint on my car which came off when i washed the car leaving no mark at all.

I had it put on our black st before it was put on the road, it had a paint correction and coating applied and left in the workshop over night before I took home. It’s 2 years old now. I snow foam it and jet wash it off. I’d say 80% of the dirt just comes clean off. I’ve only washed and pat dried it since owning it and it looks mint. 

Ill defiantly be having it applied on what ever we get next when the fiesta goes back

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this