CLUB CALENDAR 2019 - NOW AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER

CelicaBabe

22 minutes ago, Old Red Celica said:

Actually was it not both of you ordered 2  each the other time?

I went to the Post Office today to post them, it shut at 1pm .

BUT I will try and get them posted on Thursday.

Yes we ended up with 2 in the same house that year :D

Hope you all are happy with them, Its a proper pleasure to give back to the club and sort these out each year.

Dawn and Davey do a superb job, sorting and designing this. I have the easy bit.

I really hope they sell out.. They look proper great.

Merry Xmas CCUK.

Cheers

Rich

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Old Red Celica said:

All Calendars posted (should be there in time for the New Year) apart from Monkey Boy, SWebb and Esthar City's who will be picking them up from me.

More than half gone now.

nice one bryan cant wait to see if my beast is in there and have its place at my desk at work ..ready 

Got mine and the quality is very good indeed.

However I must also say that I am pretty annoyed that the Beams has yet again not been included (2nd calendar on the trot now!)

And I made triple certain this time that my pics met all stated requirements, over 4meg, good clear images etc.

Have asked those concerned and simply told that the photos 'more than likely didn't meet requirements in terms of the photo (not the size but the photo).'

Well can I suggest in future that if there are additional requirements to those stated in the opening post that these also be listed to avoid future disappointment for myself and other members.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

Got mine and the quality is very good indeed.

However I must also say that I am pretty annoyed that the Beams has yet again not been included (2nd calendar on the trot now!)

And I made triple certain this time that my pics met all stated requirements, over 4meg, good clear images etc.

Have asked those concerned and simply told that the photos 'more than likely didn't meet requirements in terms of the photo (not the size but the photo).'

Well can I suggest in future that if there are additional requirements to those stated in the opening post that these also be listed to avoid future disappointment for myself and other members.

Not entirely accurate, I did say that and I also said I can get Dave to go back over your photos and give you feedback if you want me to and you never replied.  I didn’t know you hadn’t been in it previously either as don’t look back at previous lists. It’s time consuming enough without having to check if everyone has been in a previous year so it’s not something I check. 

Bullet point 4 in the first post does say try and be creative and think about the photo.  But to clarify a few points for everyone for future photos:

Images which are already cropped can’t be used as Dave has to crop them further so even more of the photo/car is removed.

Please try and avoid items around the car or people in the background.  Just the car please.

We don’t tend to use interior photos, engine bay photos or people.  We try and keep it simply the cars as a whole. 

We want people to think about the photo, if there are people around the car wait till it’s clear or ask them politely if they could move.  If you’re taking a photo on the driveway with the wheelie bin next to it...take the car for a drive and find a nice location wheelie bin free.

if photos aren’t used they just aren’t suitable for whatever reason and it’s nothing personal about the car, the owner or whatever.

I can fully appreciate the disappointment for anyone who hasn’t made it in but from our point of view we are just trying to do the best calendar possible and it’s not a quick process believe me.  There is an incredible amount of time and hard work that goes into the calendar, Daves extremely good at what he does and is very professional.

There is always going to be someone who isn’t happy and all I can do is apologise again.

I would encourage people to send as many photos as possible, this year we are going to be accepting photos all year round too!! 

I don’t like disappointing members and I certainly don’t want anyone annoyed but there isn’t much else I can do apart from apologise again and just ask you all to try and send the best photos possible. 

Dawn 

• Like 1

Sigh....

What's not accurate?

Did I ask you...yes.

Was that your response....yes.

The reason I did not reply was because frankly your response as a whole was more customer services than CCUK and got me so annoyed that I may well have said things I would now regret.....its taken me the last few days to calm down enough to revisit this.

3 calendars ago I submitted my pics a few days before the deadline and was told too late to be included...fine.

Last time I submitted good and early but was then told (after it was printed) that they had been too small to use at just over a Meg....confusing as minimum requirement was a Meg but fine.

This time I make sure they meet maximum stated requirements and submit in very good time but again told after its been printed that they didn't meet requirements!?!

PLUS......I sat up till gone midnight sorting photos for you just the other week at short notice that you specifically requested and guess what....they've not been used either!!!

So you can surely understand why this got to me.

BUT....the above extra guidelines are far more informative and should help everyone to know exactly what you are looking for in future calendars and that's the whole point. No one wants to be left out and I'm sure in a perfect world that Dave does not want to leave anyone out.....you told me yourself that you get this every year...so good clear guidelines are obviously needed and will I'm sure be very much appreciated by everyone :thumbs:

Its very hard to bring any of this up without it just sounding like a big rant........but if nothing is said then nothing changes and people continue to get disappointed and none of us want that.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.