Tool kit

i usually like to travel lite with minimum load but I do like to tinker when I'm about too and also in case of any eventuality s what minimum tools would you recommend carrying in the boot I can't remember whether my gen 7 came with a tool kit but I'll have removed it anyway?

Edited by gezhenry
Add

41 minutes ago, gezhenry said:

i usually like to travel lite with minimum load but I do like to tinker when I'm about too and also in case of any eventuality s what minimum tools would you recommend carrying in the boot I can't remember whether my gen 7 came with a tool kit but I'll have removed it anyway?

Yeah they have a tool kit, mine has a 10mm spanner, Philips screwdriver ect, i also carry a multi tool with sockets and screwdrivers 

I have a wheel brace, 3/8th socket set, adjustable spanner and a double ended screw driver. Anything else I have a little orange card with me for that lol just take it back to work and I’ll worry about it another day.

• 2 weeks later...

small socket set, foot pump, breakerbar and larger socket, duck tape, zip ties, gloves, spare oil, battery power pack, sleeping bag (you never know), spanners, silicone hose, hose clips, fire extinguisher, aa card.

trust my car ? Of course.... :) 

jump leads,  cheap 3/8th socket set with everything up to 19mm, cheap spanner set with 8 to 19mm, phillips and flat screwdrivers, pliers, Bluetooth code reader, zip ties, 2 spare coil packs, 1 of each "important" spare bulb, some fuses, WD40 type spray, jack, wheel nut brace, the alloy nut key adapters, 1 spare spark plug in a box, and a spare serpentine belt.  It all fits inside the spare wheel so doesn't take any extra room.

Im good to go.

Of note, no self-respecting Toyota drivers goes anywhere without some zip ties.

Ive said this before - some may think this excessive.  BUT - once you have been in a "stuck at the side of the road in rural wales at 1am in the pouring rain shouting MY KINGDOM FOR A 14mm SPANNER" situation you never want an experience that again to the best of your ability.

Edited by G.Lewarne
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kev 16v said:

Why do you need to carry tools in a Toyota? :shrug:

Apart from things needed to change a wheel in the event of a puncture..torch, first aid kit, and waterproof jacket only.

I had my "situation" in my old Toyota MR2 - although they are reliable cars its important to remember - just how many bits of our cars are now aftermarket or old and have 150k+ miles on them?

The problem I faced in my incident was a massive pothole which literally bent a droplink- which made the back end sit all twisted and being a rear scary-drive MR2 I had to fix - because it was unsafe.  All I wanted to do was just disconnect the droplink and ziptie it up out the way - was extremely difficult to do at 1am in the pouring rain with essentially no tools.  Lesson learned - I now carry tools.

im same guys even though the toyotas are pretty reliable its still a 15 year old car and i carry a tool bag with ecu reader in the kit , small air compressor , jump leads , oil , coolant plus my car cleaning kit ..

but also i made the bottom compartments a bit noise proof and so things dont roll around under neath ..

Edited by Akuma77

Dont  have room to carry tools in Blu..  he's constantly packed to the hilt with a gazebo, flag, flag pole and stand,  2 banners, poles and 4 chairs... He's 24 years old, and (touch wood) never left me stranded (except  in 2011 when the immobiliser was playing up) :D

In the Bug, I carry spare bulbs, mini compressor, tyre pressure checker, power pack, hi vis, screen wash etc... (and more in winter)... This weekend came in handy, as a reversing bulb blew and had a flat tyre.. fixed whilst waiting in car park :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

No zip ties don't know what to do with them apart from tying victims up the Gen 7 can fit two bodies in comfortably. My boot struts haven't gone yet but I can imagine for those that have anyone trying to escape would just be hit back on the head again and fall back in.

Wd40 dry lubricant for locks ERM have sprayed the dry lubricant so the door locks don't freeze incase I need to get in manually

Air compressors with a light on

Car and window and leather treatment/polish

De icer

Scrapy thingy 

Oil thingy bottle

A rug - can be used for a romantic moment or to put over bodies

Battery jump starter thingy

RainCoat

Umberella

AA expandable thingy for windscreen to prevent windows freezing over

But most importantly I have shopping bags 

IMG_20181107_072915046.jpg

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.