number plates

jim7564

21 minutes ago, jim7564 said:

prob been asked before but what is the smallest legal size numberplate you can have.never understood how a motorbike plate can be tiny and still legal,is your eyesight better when looking at a motorbike than a car ??? 

Most go with Jap import size, 12 x 6 inch. But anything other than the standard number size plate is deemed illegal in the eyes of the police. 

Just depends how fussy your local plod are.

• Like 1

DVLA regulations somewhere online. From memory I think the letters have to be the standard size and font and there is a minimum distance between the letters and the edge of the plate. Standard plates have a lot of white space. Search for shortened plate on ebay and you should find a road legal one. I got 6 digit shortened ones for my personal reg although I usually use an illegal show one on the front which has been mis-spaced and cut shorter :lol: no problems from the boys in blue yet and had it on around 20 months apart from the MOTs

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.