Leaky Sunroof... Not the usual

skittletastic

So, I thought id fixed it!

But apparently not...

All the usual spots like drain tubes and rear grommets in the boot lip have been checked and all good.

a6586c98e150478de6a1ddb257485077.jpg

8b398aa748c1425f22b423be71ade281.jpg

Ive even fit a rubber strip around the inner of the sunroof to improve the seal. The only possible thing i can think of is that the rubber on the top outside seal of the sunroof where it meets the glass (top face) is lifting in the corners.

Would this cause enough water ingress to spring a relatively noticeable leak? And would it cause me any problems to seal around it?

I appreciate that there's probably something somewhere on the forum,

But all I can find is sunroof drains and standard stuff...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sunroof has drains so i assume its designed with some leakage around the sides in mind. I managed to sort out my leak issues fairly easily. The part where the rubber seals with on the roof the sides of the hole in the roof where the sunroof fits. It has a lot of crud and dirt stuck to it. Used a rough cloth and rubbed around it for ages and got all the crap off and its smooth to the touch. 

No more leaks since i did it. Im guessing when dirty it allows too much water to get in too quicky and then overloads the drains and you get some over spillage into the car.

Ya could seal the sunroof too the body with ducktape and see if it makes a difference. That will tell you it is a problem with the sunroof.

Other area for that sort of leak could be the weather strips on top of the car closer to the boot side. Under there i had some cracks in the metal and used sealer to sort it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.